LegacyGT.com

nyc traffic ticket question.

rvlmtfnk

if some of you recall, i was moving my car from one side of the street to the other (alternate side parking in queens), and i was stopped by the cops, and one of the things they gave me a ticket for was "unlicensed operator" because i did not have my license on me. it was upstairs in my apartment. the cop gave me the ticket and told me to plead not guilty, and to send a photocopy of my drivers license to show that I do actually have my license.. i did that, but today i got a letter with a hearing date.

anyone had to deal with such a ticket before? should i call the dmv and ask them? they also gave me a hearing date that i doubt i can make because i don't actually live in state... any advice would be appreciated.

Unfortunately you will probably have to show and present your valid license to the judge. The judge will then dismiss the ticket. You say you live out of state, I notice it says NY/PA. I'm not judging you, but are you one of those people who claim to live in PA with PA plates but actually live in NY? I swear I work in Brooklyn, and I never knew the ghetto was such a hot tourist spot location for so many out of state people, haha..........

I think you will find out of state plates anywhere in nyc or state not just the "ghettos" of brooklyn...

Actually you wont. East NY/Brownsville is a hotspot for insurance fraud as per the insurance companies we deal with when making arrests for fraudulant insurance cards.

Actually you wont. East NY/Brownsville is a hotspot for insurance fraud as per the insurance companies we deal with when making arrests for fraudulant insurance cards.

It just came off as a blanket statement. I have family who live in brooklyn so I visit often but I happened to have CT plates....I work in NY but I really do live in CT.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• 2 weeks later...
but what if i can't make the date they scheduled for me? i'll likely be out-of-state at college.. i'm only home in nyc during breaks.. is there any way to schedule a hearing date that suits my timeframe?

but what if i can't make the date they scheduled for me? i'll likely be out-of-state at college.. i'm only home in nyc during breaks.. is there any way to schedule a hearing date that suits my timeframe?

reschedule. You're allowed.

Archived