LegacyGT.com

AWD V6 Corolla?

AWD-equipped Corollas (named the Auris in other parts of the world) are nothing new, as they've been offered in Japan before, but this might be the first time power will find its way to all four wheels outside Toyota's home market.

The current Corolla-derived Toyota Matrix is available with AWD in the U.S. It's built by the joint Toyota-GM NUMMI plant in Fremont, CA. The GM version is the Pontiac Vibe.

Toyota have an AWD Corolla, well 'had' I suppose. It's called Matrix. The new version to be called Blade is basically a Corolla wagon just like the Matrix. Here is the Aussie Corrolla Levin ZR:

http://toyota.com.au/TWR/content/static/27736.jpg

Here is the JDM Auris/Blade:

http://pictures.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/toyota-blade-ar18173/IMG/jpg/0/toyota_blade_5w.jpg

Still soulless.

My friend you don't buy a Corolla for soul, you buy it for kick ass gas mileage and extreme build quality, it comes ready for long term abuse right out of the box :D

A Camry V6 in there is insane for such a light body.

I read quite a bit of bad stuff on corrolas when we were looking...alot of timing belt tensioner failures i think it was...my pizza guy is on his third. They need a new one bad anyway....the styling is stale

I think Toyota already has too much hp in the Camry and the Rav 4. HP is good, but these cars are supposed to be economical. Otherwise you would buy a Lexus. AWD is good. Maybe even a bigger 4 cylinder, but a 270 hp Corolla is just silly.

but a 270 hp Corolla is just silly.

Yeah but look where the market is going: srt-4, mazdaspeed3, new wrx, c30, a3

Theyre all fairly small hi powered hatches, a corolla w awd and v6 would fit right in, even if it price jumped a few k

Yeah but look where the market is going: srt-4, mazdaspeed3, new wrx, c30, a3

Theyre all fairly small hi powered hatches, a corolla w awd and v6 would fit right in, even if it price jumped a few k

True. Okay so how bout a turbocharged Corolla? 200 hp. 270 just seems so high for this car. Ive been driving my sister's '03 because it gets such great gas mileage. 0 - 60 in 8.5ish seconds for the 5 MT. Thinking about it. I wouldnt want that car to have much more power. Its a nice ride, but I dont think it would feel stable and secure with a lot of power added to it.

toyota is getting amazing gas mileage out of their v6's.

i wouldnt worry too much about that.

i would worry about the other stuff.

used to be a die hard toyota fan but after they killed the mr2, theres nothing to be happy about. everythign they have looks like a bubble now.

I would love a rwd corolla that doesnt look like an obese 5 year old.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived