LegacyGT.com

Made a boo-boo.

So, today while goofing around in a parking lot (empty) I had to make a quick brake and probably dumped my drivers side front tire into a pot hole. Since that time the car starts to shimmy and shake at speeds approaching 45 or 50. It's going to the dealer in a few hours, but any idea what I might have done? What I might be in for?

Thanks,

Jim

I considered that, but . . . (and I was on my way to edit the original post) when looking at the car from the front it appears that the entire wheel assembly is cocked in a bit at the bottom. Meaning - that the bottom of the tire/wheel seems cocked in a bit into the wheel well area. Does that make sense?

Tire seems to be firmly attached to the rim.

-

Jim

could have done allot of things. From breaking control arms, ball joints, tie rods ect ect. I have seen this type of thing cost in the range of 6k due to damage to CV joints, bearings, everything listed above, rims ect.

I hope its not MAJOR. but dont be floored if it comes in well over 1k.

good luck

You're right about watching it. You'd think that at 36 that I'd know better.

-

Jim

:lol:

I have a feeling that if you love to push cars, you'll never really know better.

Sure, I've become wiser over time ... but the urges never seem to go away.

my brother did a similar thing with his trailblazer but it was into a curb in the snow :-p. it didnt cost much to get fixed because there were huge tolerances for connecting the suspension parts so they could use all the same parts, even though some were a little bent. but yeah i dunno about subarus

Hmmm I hope its not major. Personally I hit a patch of black ice on a narrow road and put one of my wheels in a ditch in the process of regaining control. Anyway it hit hard enogh to bend my lower control arm and broke an end link. So yeah hopefully yous is not near as bad.

i had the same issue except the top was cocked in, not the bottom. Turned out i broke the strut and alignment was off.

exact same thing happened to me. 1000 bucks later, the prob was fixed(new volk wheel, tire, mount and balance and alignment)

Archived