LegacyGT.com

Which is a good pad to use on the polisher

I ordered some pads from detailcity for my PC 7424. These are Lake Country new CCS Pads. Here is the link.

http://www.detailcity.com/lake-country-ccs-pads-6-5.html

Anyone have any feedback on them? I read OCD used the hook and loop like these and now prefers the edge 2000 system. I thought they were expensive and got feedback that they were quite abrasive than other pads. Comments/feedback?

The edge pads being more or less abrasive than other pads has nothing to do with anything. We learned this at the workshop I hosted a couple weeks ago. The thing to remember is that color means nothing. A yellow pad with one company is not the same as another company. So if someone is reviewing the Edge pads saying that one color is more abrasive than another company's pad of the same color, that doesn't really say anything. Use an appropriate polish for the pad you are using. I love the blue Edge 2000 pad because it is soft enough not to haze the surface, but it also cuts enough that I can put a medium polish on it and really get good results. With my legacy I would use the Blue pad and Pinnacle XMT 1 to keep the swirls at bay. It is a great pad/product combination for our dicked up paint.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Sure you can. I'm not saying that you can't get results from anything other than the Edge pads. And honestly if it is the cost that concerns you then consider that each pad you purchase is technically two pads and each side will last two or three times longer than a velcro pad. Plus you don't have to worry about the backing plate ever causing issues. For safety and money, it just doesn't get easier than the Edge. However, there are a million other choices out there, so go with whatever makes best sense to you. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived