LegacyGT.com

Click-it or ticket in full effect

Kargurra

Who asked for that law?? There are some bizarre laws on the books.

Nobody bothered to correct me, but I looked it up - apparently there is still no federal seatbelt law, only a national advertising campaign by the NHTSA to encourage young adults to wear their seatbelt.

There is some interesting info on the history of seatbelt law here (read the part about New York laws...):

http://law.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/seat-belt-usage

Click it or Ticket campaign info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click_it_or_ticket

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Who asked for that law?? There are some bizarre laws on the books.

That law is from way b4 the mandatory seatbelt usage laws. I think there was a time b4 mandatory seatbelt laws when insurance companies tried to get medical damages legally reduced if a victim wasn't wearing a belt. Non-users of seatbelts got this law passed in response. Go figure.

I was raised in Darien until college in 1980. How can you afford a house AND a car? Fairfield county is crazy expensive. Beautiful, too, if you can get anywhere through the traffic!

I grew up on the Noroton River on the Darien/Stamford border, about 1000 ft from Cove/Holly pond.

Darien is a bit too expensive and crowded for me. I live in Westport...just happen to drive through Darien on the way in to work.
When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

Darien is a bit too expensive and crowded for me. I live in Westport...just happen to drive through Darien on the way in to work.

that;s gotta be you I keep seeing on compo & post rd & stuff

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

that;s gotta be you I keep seeing on compo & post rd & stuff

Not likely, since I just picked up my car on Saturday. But if you're down this way, you'll probably start seeing me more often!

Westport is less expensive than Darien? Redlining in real estate apparently worked out for Darien.

I don't know about the rest of Westport, but my neighborhood is cheaper than Darien. :rolleyes: Generally speaking, the further out from the city you live, the cheaper it is. (But then, you know that...) Westport is about the furthest I'd want to live. Commutes into the city are long enough, and even in to Stamford is pretty bad when you're driving. In that respect, Darien would be a great place to live! ;)

[/OT]

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

Instead of the stupid "click it or ticket" drivel, why not use a "hang up and drive" approach? Cell phone use in cars is a lot more dangerous to other motorists than those who don't wear their seatbelts (and only endanger themselves).

Never understood why there's not more focus on cellphone and (God help us) Blackberry usage in cars by drivers.

I'll agree with you. I don't know if cell phones count as a primary or secondary offense. (I assume that it's a primary since they did have a big crackdown once the law was enacted.)

I'd say that Cell phone use causes more accidents, but I have no statistics as to how many of those accidents are fatal. In that respect, the "click-it or ticket" campaign probably saves more lives.

Of course, assuming that you're right, that would mean that society would be more interested in saving the stupid from themselves, than the more intelligent from the less so.

Not to get into a political discussion, but isn't that the purpose of Government...to protect people from themselves?

Not likely, since I just picked up my car on Saturday. But if you're down this way, you'll probably start seeing me more often!

ah ok, sorry. I just realized your profile says 08. I keep seeing a SWP 05 or 06 around. I'm sure I'll be seein you though.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

NP. I've been keeping my eye out for others. They're not particularly popular cars, considering how many other models of Subarus are around.

Archived