LegacyGT.com

Full size spare/ 5 tire rotation

rodan

Here's Bridgestone's take on tire rotation, including inclusion of a full-size spare if needed: [url="http://www.tiresafety.com/service/serv_nav.htm"]http://www.tiresafety.com/service/serv_nav.htm[/url] For those of us with rear LSD's, it might be worth considering putting a different sized tire on the front axle. Or maybe that's over-analysing things... Andy

• 7 months later...
Hi, I don't have the answer you're looking for -- however in my case, I decided it's not worth going through the 5th tire rotation. When my current tires wear out, I'll just replace those 4, and keep the fullsize stock 5th for emergency use only. Otherwise I just had my car serviced, and the mech recommended going LF->RR, RF->LR, and moving the rears directly to the front (RR->RF, LR->LF), but this obviously is in conflict with with subietonic listed above. pug

Thanks Pug...I guess that is what I was looking for...since I don't have a 5th wheel that is a full size. Though I checked the link that was posted above, and now I am really confused as to which way to rotate the 4 tires -- not that I distrust what your mech. recommended...but I just would like a surefire answer, from some of the board members. Thanks again!

• 4 months later...
[quote name='inthedeck']Thanks Pug...I guess that is what I was looking for...since I don't have a 5th wheel that is a full size. Though I checked the link that was posted above, and now I am really confused as to which way to rotate the 4 tires -- not that I distrust what your mech. recommended...but I just would like a surefire answer, from some of the board members. Thanks again![/quote] So...what is the correct way to rotate the stock RE92s? LF to RR, RF to LR, LR to LF, RR to RF? Or, LF to LR, LR to LF and RF to RR, RR to RF?

[quote name='rkkwan'][size=2]Why add the cost of an extra alloy wheel just to have it sit in the trunk? And I don't think a full-size spare can fit entirely in the spare-wheel well either, at least not with the foam stuff-holder in place.[/size][/QUOTE] It can.. I have fitted as large as a 255/35/18.. only thing you can't have in there is the foam tray.
Keefe

I have used 5 PZ-M+S. Rotated about every 3,000mi, always measured to less than 1/4" diameter variance. I recommend it; wear isn't an issue (you get the same mileage per tire, so you wind up with about 25% more time with the tires in service); if you blow a tire after say 10K mi, you aren't in a difficult spot if your on a road trip and you don't have to replace the full set. My only reservation is that you are limited to a non-directional tire.

[quote name='BadAndy']So...what is the correct way to rotate the stock RE92s? LF to RR, RF to LR, LR to LF, RR to RF? Or, LF to LR, LR to LF and RF to RR, RR to RF?[/quote] LF to LR, LR to LF, RF to RR, RR to RF...according to the manual, which I must have searched through multiple times, before finding the correct answer. This is for RE92's...which are not directional tires.

Archived