LegacyGT.com

So why did Subaru not include the weather band in the '05?

godwhomismike

I had someone asking me, so what do you think of the weather band, and I told them that it isn't included or an option in the '05's and they looked shocked. They told me it is such a great option and they couldn't believe it was in the '05's. What does it do exactly? How well did it work, and was it that valuable? Also can it be retrofitted? - Mike

the weatherband was a listin of preset channels that let you hear the computer generated weather for your 'somewhat' local area. it was only marginally usefull to get the weather for the area.. as it had a LONG loop... it would give you conditions for a large area and give a lot of useless (i guess) info. I got MUCH more use out of KYW 1060 because it gave traffic as well, and had a shorter cycle. I guess you can say the conditions in other cities was usefull.. but it was easier to just look it up online or research on the weather channel. I used it a total of 2 times.... then again.. i never paid extra for it.. and it would go away with a new radio anyway

Archived