LegacyGT.com

Radio gremlins

fatbastard

On the way home tonight I thought the radio sounded strange then noticed the volume was changing. I looked over and I could see it jumping between 7 and 8 then I adjusted the volume manually and it went away. I did a search and found a thread about this froma long time ago but not much else. Some suggested that it was just going to get worse and the HVAC/radio needed to be replaced. Has anyone had experience with this? I ask because I have 29969 miles on the car and hte warranty will expire tomorrow so I am wondering if I should go in and mention it but I don't even know if they would do anything. Thoughts?

Is there any sort of TSB for this, I've only encountered the problem once or twice in my 6 months of ownership, but I don't want to waste my time going to the dealer and getting turned away cause they can't reproduce it..

Is there any sort of TSB for this, I've only encountered the problem once or twice in my 6 months of ownership, but I don't want to waste my time going to the dealer and getting turned away cause they can't reproduce it..

That is kind of where I am at too. If it is only going to get worse I'll go have tehm look but expect to hear they can't/won't do anything about it, plus add in the jazzy mod I have means I'll have to pull the radio, remove all that stuff and then reinstall just hoping they'll replace it.

...but I don't want to waste my time going to the dealer and getting turned away cause they can't reproduce it..

I've been to the dealer 4 times because of this. Each time I get "Cannot reproduce error". It's in the shop again. If they tell me this again I'm going to strangle someone.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Can some one give me more information about this problem?

Wheather conditions, Road conditions, Driving area (industrial or residential).

It happen when driving or parking.

vehicle infomation when volume change by itself:

Air condition on or off.

heat on or off.

Radio or CD Playing.

how many times has this issue occurred?

When it change does it come back or you have to adjust by manual?

Thanks,

When mine happened it was a clear day, road was fairly smooth county road going through a residential area, HVAC was on and I was playing a CD. Once it started randomly changing the volume I had to manual change it to stop it.

Just got off work, started up the car and it started changing intermittently (commercial area), was clear but cold day, A/C was on auto, playing a CD

Changed the volume and it went away..

Archived