LegacyGT.com

Visiting NYC for the 1st time

RedLine

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All so check out Coney Island in Brooklyn, it's supposed to be closing for a 3 year renovation, come October 07.

Ride the Cyclone, Get on the Bumper Cars & have some Nathans HotDogs.

+1 great suggestion

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest subiecity

Hello all you fellow east coast Legacy owners. Well me my wife and 2 daughters are heading to NYC this thursday 5/18 for vacation. We were just wondering what the most common things are to do and see as tourists? We already have reservations for a broadway show (My wifes idea) and I have been a life long Yankees fan and will be fulfilling a dream of mine by going to watch them play the Red Sox. We are staying in Time Square so I'm assuming everything we want to do will be within walking distance. We are only going to be there for 4 days so I don't want to be overwhelmed with trying to squeeze in every little thing to see and do while we are there. I was hoping you locals could give me some insight on what the most popular things to do are as well as some great places to eat! My kids are 4 and 10 so whatever it is we do it needs to be fun for them. Thanks in advance!

if u like hookers and street racing......hunts point is always great for the kids!!!

:lol: This thread has turned into a circus. :spin:

Anyhow, we got back from NYC late last night. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great tid-bits and info on where to go and what to see. Are hotel (Park Central Hotel) was in a great location 7th Ave between 55th and 56th. As far as sight seeing goes, in 5 days we managed to see Martina McBride (The wife is a huge fan) @ Radio City Music Hall, The Lion King @ the Minksoff Theater, Time Square, Top of the Roc, Empire State Building, Central Park, The Lincoln Center, The Children's Museum (I couldn't get my 4 year old daughter to leave the Dora the Explorer floor) World Trade Center Site, Battery Park, Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, strolled all over The Village, SOHO, and Little Italy, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, 5th Ave, (Holy $hit there is some expensive designer garb there), St. Patrick's Cathedral man there's just to much to list. We quickly learned that the subway is the only way to quickly get around the city.

The highlight of the trip for me was the Yankee's vs Red Sox game! (Yankee's 6 Red Sox 2). A-Rod and Giambi both homered! The crowd and the atmosphere at Yankee stadium for that rivalry is indescribable! I laughed my a$$ off every time a Sox fan got heckled and especially when the crowd would stand up and point at them and start chanting "A$$hole" Got to see a couple of good fights in the stands but the cops broke them up before they got to outta hand. As far as the stereotype about New Yorkers being rude and pushy, forget about it! Everyone we encountered was friendly and willing to give you a second of there time to help you out with a question or point you in the right direction.

New York is one of the coolest cities I have ever visited and I can't wait to come back to see it again. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/ThunderStruck2/NYCResized.jpg

Guest Gitster
Yeah ! Awesome man, glad you got to see the Stadium before they turn it into a little dominican park.

Sounds like you had an awesome time man. Come back again
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Great! It gives me the chills to hear you describe the city with such high remarks! People are very nice here to tourist. I myself always wave at the people riding on the red tour buses! :lol: But seriously, I help out if someone asks, and you can always spot the tourists. It sounds like you did a lot of the fun stuff. It is true what they say, there is no city like NYC! :):cool:

Come back soon!

X

---

You can always spot the tourists, but they get a "pass" so to speak. :lol:

Archived