LegacyGT.com

Good guy/Bad guy section

BoxerGT2.5

This would be a good idea, except for a few things: Individual vendor experiences can vary wildly. If one guy deals with a vendor on an in-stock product, it can be great. If another guy deals with the same vendor on an out-of-stock product, it might be a different experience altogether. Because vendors are often small, a little thing...illness, a death in the family, births, etc, can dramatically alter someone's buying experience, as well. The thread would need to be policed, to keep it from becoming a squabble-fest. Other than those three caveats, I think it's a good idea. :lol: Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']This would be a good idea, except for a few things: Individual vendor experiences can vary wildly. If one guy deals with a vendor on an in-stock product, it can be great. If another guy deals with the same vendor on an out-of-stock product, it might be a different experience altogether. Because vendors are often small, a little thing...illness, a death in the family, births, etc, can dramatically alter someone's buying experience, as well. [/QUOTE] I see your point, but a good vendor should also be prepared for the in-stock / out of stock situation. If it is out of stock, they should be direct and up front about it. Thats where problems arise, if they mis-represent themselves for something they cannot deliver. A GOOD vendor will also somehow compensate a consumer if a situation arises, whether that be discount, free shipping, whatever. I completely understand situations similar to Jedi, where the company advertises on this site that they have products, then when people place an order all of a sudden they sold the product to someone close, whether that be a test fit situation or not. They make no effort to correct the situation, just tell you sorry we're out, tough luck. CC-B makes no effort to solve their customer service problems, whether that be because of a server change or whatever. That is no excuse! They can't expect to become a "good" company or supplier if they keep giving people the short end of the stick. They could have at least tried to get in contact with people, rather than let weeks go by before hand. Its just not responsible. They certainly won't be getting my money. At least KoI and AvoTurbo will get back to you promptly with information or prices, even on items which they may have to outsource from someone else. Whether you like the price or not, that clearly shows they want to make money and are concerned about keeping customers happy.

[quote name='gtguy']This would be a good idea, except for a few things: Individual vendor experiences can vary wildly. If one guy deals with a vendor on an in-stock product, it can be great. If another guy deals with the same vendor on an out-of-stock product, it might be a different experience altogether. Because vendors are often small, a little thing...illness, a death in the family, births, etc, can dramatically alter someone's buying experience, as well. The thread would need to be policed, to keep it from becoming a squabble-fest. Other than those three caveats, I think it's a good idea. :lol: Kevin[/QUOTE] I see your point. But I'm not saying turning into a flame fest here. Like you said...there will be those who love one dealer and those who don't have a favorable opinion. I don't see a prob with giving both sides to the equation and let whomever decide if they want to go with that particular vendor. Case in point....I happen to think vividracing is resepectable and has never done me wrong (In fact I have contacted Ryan over at vivid and he is very interested in getting involved with the Legacy GT), others have stated that Vivid had a bad wrap with the WRX/STI crowd. I'm ok with that.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Please put this on the site. I want to hear the good and the bad about any vendor I do business with. A bad post won't neccessarily sway my decision, but it would be nice to see how they handle the rough spots. CC-B is definately off my list of people to deal with after they abandoned this site and their customers when things went bad.

Archived