LegacyGT.com

Anyone seen/driven '08 Legacy 3.0R ?

Hey! the price/equipment ratio of the 3.0R (as seen at cars101.com) seems intriguing -- anyone either seen or driven one yet? Looks like Fitzmall in MD has one in stock...:)

I'm either buying it or the LGT, but either way I have to wait for RIV Canada to add the 2008 MY to their list of importable vehicles, as (1) no way I will buy a Subaru in Canada and (2) anyhow the 3.0R will not be offered north of the border, says O"Regan Subaru in Halifax, NS...

Only 08's I've been seeing at the dealers are the basemodel 2.5i's for the Leg and OB.

I test drove an 08 LGT yesterday, and they had a nice looking 08 SpecB on the lot with a sold sticker on it. Didn't have a 3.0 though.

• 3 weeks later...

The 2nd Generation Automatic 5 speed transmission supposedly is supposed to offer better mileage.

If I can get 21-22mpg mixed driving I'll be happy. My other concern is the loss of power after having the 2.5 turbo.

I drove an 08 OB 3.0 wagon today and it's definately lacking compared to my car. Should be better in the Legacy since it's lighter.

Archived