LegacyGT.com

2005 GT OEM brake pads part #?

rkkwan

Can anybody who has ordered the OEM brake pads or who has access to the parts database give some information? Need the part number to order a set of front pads for the 2005 GT. And don't mind know that for the rear as well. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Jesus christ....you already went through them??? :lol:[/QUOTE] The answer is that I will go through most (or all) of a set when I go to the track next month. Since I track my car very rarely, I am not planning on getting aftermarket high-performance pads. When I went to Watkins Glen the first time with OEM pads on my WRX, I went through about 60% of the front sets in 3 days. So, I think I'll buy a set in advance as spare, and if necessary, change them at the track - Barber Motorsport Park in AL. The local dealer (Gillman) wants close to $100 for a set of fronts, which may be the list price. And Subaruparts.com is kind of slow responding to my email inquiry. I'll probably call them, if I can't get a part number and order online.

I am on my 2nd set already... looking for an upgraded set of pads for autocrossing as we speak.... here are your OEM part numbers: Front OEM GT Pads = 26296AG000 = List Price $94.88 Rear OEM GT Pads = 26696AE040 = List Price $75.70 I [i]paid[/i] $134.00 for them.. find the right dealer, they can be nice and give you a discount. Btw, if you are going to the track, you should get some upgraded pads.. you dont want to use a pad that will glaze quickly.. you need a pad that can withstand the heat cycles and operating temps.. stock pads will glaze up if you are going to burn them up like that. You dont want to end up like me with my WRX on stock pads. Keefe
Keefe

Xenonk - Thanks for the info. I'd been using Porterfields R-4 for my last many track days with the WRX. Those are full race pads, and I swap them out before each event everytime, along with dedicated rotors. But as I said, I really don't know when I may track the 2.5GT again, if at all, I really don't want to invest in more high-performance pads. And yes, I've given this a lot of thoughts, but believe bringing a set of spare front OEMs for this 2-day event at Barber is the best solution. For this particular event, for now. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks! We're waiting on delivery of our 05 Leg GT, but want to get started on hooking up Porterfield pads to be made for the car right away. We need to either send them some stock pads or at least a tracing of them (pad shape and backing plate shape). Please don't PM, but email us at [email]info@rallyperformance.com[/email] Anyone want to work with us? We need your used front (and rear) pads or will even take a tracing, digital photo and thickness measurements. In return we'll give you at 40% off the first set of Porterfield R4S pads we receive. These are our preferred pads for road and mild track use, and in fact we even recommend them for rally use. Regards, Ken Cole Rally Performance / ScoobySport North America [url]www.rallyperformance.com[/url] Watch our site as we are going to be closing the Evo side of the house just to develop the 05 Legacy GT. Watch for that sweet ScoobySport sound to come to the Legacy!

Thanks, Keefe. I got a set of OEM fronts from 1stsubaruparts.com for $71.16. All set to leave tomorrow for Barber. 1st time on the track in 2 years, 1st time with the LGT, and 1st time with Kumho MX (I've tracked mostly with S-03s, but have also done A032R in Patrick Olsen's 97 GT). Looks like it's going to rain on Saturday too. Meaning, I'll going to take it easy at least for the 1st day and see what happens. Not trying set any track record in this outing. But I'll time myself later on, and report back in a different thread next week.

Archived