LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT brakes on OB XT?

boris

Anybody tried putting the GT brakes on an Outback? Would this be an easy swap? Would the improvement in performance (little bit bigger front and rear & ventilated rear disks) be worth the effort? Used for day to day driving, not on the track. Any idea what the parts would cost from the dealer, or from a GT owner who has upgraded their brakes? I haven't had any issues with the OB brakes, but I thought it might be a relatively inexpensive and worthwhile upgrade.

The main advantage to the GT's larger brakes is fade resistance. So it would only help if you really use the brakes a lot, say on the track, or coming down a long hill (where you should be using a little engine braking anyhow). I think we all agree that a tire upgrade will be the single biggest improvement you can make to the car's braking performance. Craig

Guest *Jedimaster*
Tires definitely will help in the brake department- and be cheaper than upgrading brakes as well. I just put my stock tires on for the winter and you can feel the difference in braking performance.

Archived