LegacyGT.com

Forester Sports 2.5 XT????

Just saw one driving by today in blue. Actually looked really cool. Anyone else seen these or know about them? There is a little info on subaru's site bout them. I know with the 5spd the forester is supposed to be really fast. Does it have the same turbo as the LGT? What is the tune-ablity of this car?

Just saw one driving by today in blue. Actually looked really cool. Anyone else seen these or know about them? There is a little info on subaru's site bout them. I know with the 5spd the forester is supposed to be really fast. Does it have the same turbo as the LGT? What is the tune-ablity of this car?

I believe they share the same engine as our car, just detuned (maybe a smaller turbo?). I know you can use the AP on it.

The older ones eg 2003,2004 had shorter gearing and were much quicker than new 2006+. They were "rated" at 210HP but believed to be very conservative.

The 0-60 time was same as LGT and but more importantly and meaningful to normal drivers the 5-60 time was about 0.5 sec quicker than a LGT. I nearly bought one however the handling was subpar to the 2004 WRX wagon and 2005 LGT for that matter although the drivetrain trumped 2.0L WRX.

That pesky thing called fuel mileage improvements led to taller gearing in 2006+, its slower despite an "increase" in HP from 210 to 230. I was not as impressed with 2006 especially looks although Sport is much better looking.

Archived