LegacyGT.com

Got two CEL codes this morning...

While cruising on the highway this morning, the check engine light came on, along with a blinking cruise control light. I used the internal diagnostic feature to grab these two codes:

P0452 - Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input

P1443 - Vent Control Solenoid Valve Function Problem

I just got a new tank of gas the night before, if that matters at all, but otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary.

Thoughts?

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Dammit, I hope that I didn't loosen anything up during my sound deadening install (two days ago, I drove a whole day without any problems). I was placing sheets of that stuff under the back seat. I made sure to steer clear of the wiring, but does the fuel pressure sensor have a wire that is inside of the car (eg, could I have caused this)?

OKay I reset the ECU by yanking the battery terminal and hitting the brake for 30 sec. I also checked that the gas cap was on tight. We'll see what happens this afternoon when I drive home. Given these CEL codes (that I don't fully understand), there is no need to worry about a 30 mile drive, right?

I'll see if the codes go away this weekend...I have a 30+ mile drive home tonight and a 120 mile round trip tomorrow. If all goes well then, I think we're good to go and it will be case closed.

1k posts, baby!

Well after clearing the ECU and the putting the gas cap back on, it went away...for about 50 miles. It came back while I was about 40 miles away form home (of course), so I just continued on to my destination and drove back without any noticeable problems. Time for the dealer?

Vacation Pics - 18 - Diagnostic Procedures With Diagnostic Trouble Codes.pdf

Walk through this first before going to the dealer. Also check everything under the rear seat and make sure you didnt knock something loose :spin:

Before I got a chance to walk through the diagnostic stuff, the CEL went away, just like that. I still have an appointment scheduled, but I'll cancel if it doesn't come back by the end of the week.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived