LegacyGT.com

CD Changer Question

csaari

This is kind of a silly question, and I'm asking it just to make sure I'm not missing anything.... I've got the "B" stereo in my GT Wagon, the non-MP3 6-disc changer. I noticed tonight that when you press the Random button, it only plays the songs on the current disc in random order. On the other changers I've had (both trunk-mounted, if that means anything), Random would shuffle all the songs on all the discs. I looked in the owner's manual, and it indeed indicates that Random only works on one disc, the disc that is selected before you press the button. So, my question is, is there any way to make it randomize all the discs? If not, I'll live without it, it's just that's something I really liked about having a changer. Thanks in advance for any comments! Clint

I played with mine extensively trying to get the same effect as yourself. Im thinking they may have left that out due to the slow disc change times of an in-dash unit.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Well, I guess that makes sense. I had actually been thinking that it seemed to change discs relatively quickly and quietly. My Camaro had a trunk mounted changer, and you could usually hear it changing discs. No big deal, though, I got used to it. Oh well. Like I said, I can live without it. I appreciate everyone's replies. :)

I noticed the same thing. I can't stand CD changers that don't have multi-disc random! I don't care if there's a delay, dammit!! (Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine...) BTW, one way to mitigate the delay would be to play 2 or 3 random tracks per disc then change to the next. In any case, I'm closely following the iPod thread because I'd rather have my whole collection on tap anyhow. :) Subaru certainly did their best to make it a PITA though.

[quote name='n8gray']I noticed the same thing. I can't stand CD changers that don't have multi-disc random! I don't care if there's a delay, dammit!! (Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine...) BTW, one way to mitigate the delay would be to play 2 or 3 random tracks per disc then change to the next. In any case, I'm closely following the iPod thread because I'd rather have my whole collection on tap anyhow. :) Subaru certainly did their best to make it a PITA though.[/QUOTE] They have always been a bit clueless with the audio features. iPods are practically a cultural fixture these days and it's hip to have some sort of iPod compatibility. I wonder if anyone in product planning at SOA is: 1) less than 40 years old, and 2) hip enough to have an iPod?? Craig

i a recent survey Subaru just asked me to take.... i really blasted them for not considering the audio options of the car.. a higher percentage of people would love to have an AUX jack, etc to plug somthing into... rather then pull the whole thing out. But i still said radio replacement should be easier.....

Archived