LegacyGT.com

Windshield Cracked :(

Hey guys, so I was driving along the 210 last Wednesday and some truck decided to drop a rock on my windshield. Fast forward 2 days later and I've got a 12 inch crack on my windshield.

Can any of you recommend a good company to replace the windshield? I contacted Reza at SM Subaru and I'm waiting to hear back from him. I don't really care about the heating element, so is there any way that I can get glass without it?

Thanks!

-O

Try Safelite. They are nationwide. They replaced mine the day after I called them for $375 - with heating element and "3rd visor" (that matrix of shaded dots. Be careful of dealers replacing glass - most will call in a company like Safelite and upcharge you out the whazoo.

http://www.safelite.com/

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

I had mixed results with SafeLite. They took forever getting the parts in stock needed to do the job (I had to keep calling for about 3 days to get anywhere) and then they screwed up the install. They didn't do something right and the molding/weatherstripping around the windshield started to separate the day after I got it back. They fixed their mistake free of charge, but it required installing another windshield as the moldings are part of the windshield itself (which of course meant I had to wait another week before they got the parts in again). I think I paid about $550 for the whole job about a year and a half ago.

My cost was discounted based upon the fact that I was a Geico customer. Safelite never asked for proof of this so you might as well mention it and see what price they give you.

They actually screwed up my moulding the first time too. Probably depends on the competency of the crew gets dispatched.

Ha! Nope.

As I've said before. One of the only benefits to living in MA is free windshields! If you see a large pit mark or small crack you punch it so your insurance company can't do a half assed repair job and has to give you a new windshield. Ahh, there's nothing like fresh glass though. I love new windshields!

Lucky you! In NJ it depends on your insurance coverage. My deductible is $500 so insurance didn't help.

In Florida, there is no insurance deductible on glass. Which means the windshield would get replaced for free, paid by insurance. It's not like that everywhere?

In Florida, there is no insurance deductible on glass. Which means the windshield would get replaced for free, paid by insurance. It's not like that everywhere?

Yeah, same here in Phoenix w/ my coverage... you need it with all the rocks, debris, and construction vehicles in this town. My windshield got hit and cracked my first week out here, and insurance took care of it within 2 days.

-Mike

hey cobolt, theres this one place in DTLA that specializes on the windshield, ghetto place, but i think they do a good job, my cousin's rex has been through 3 windshield already, and he always take it there..i will find the addy and phone number for you if you are interested.
South Coast Subaru l Firestone of Rowland Heights l Yimi Sport l Koyorad

Archived