LegacyGT.com

lojack question

Exult4Nt

If the car is exposed to high-threat area (parked outside overnight, unattended lots, every day at same location like a trainstation, or like any major city, or the Mexico border...) I'd recommend it. Insurance discount on your comprehensive policy, too. $600 is the going price.

No, Lo-Jack does not prevent your car from being jacked. It's an auto recovery system (radio locating beacon) in case it is jacked. If you're unsure, introduce yourself to your local Auto Theft Detective to see if they have capability to track it.

No, they wasn't tryna rip you off, its just Dealer Markup.. I don't know anyone that voluntarily buys STEALERship parts... although all you newer dudes with your 05s don't have much of a choice.. Did they even say they could sell you LoJack? From what I understand, LoJack is a GM thing, partnered closely with OnStar and Cadillac. Its the only way they can find them. Just rest assured that your car should be fine in most areas. However, if you're really out for security, Check into Clifford Alarms, they are the best for the money. If you're looking for a Bling Alarm, look into the COMPUstar systems.. they have the ultra-cool key fobs that tell you what's up with your car via GPS anywhere on the planet. IIRC, those run about $8hundo. Get something that suits your needs, no more, no less, and I think you'll be satisfied.

Archived