LegacyGT.com

Scratches on Window from Dealer sticker - Warranty?

I just got the windows tinted this weekend by Tommy's in Portland (great work & price) The tint brought out some scratches in the window that perfectly outlines where the dealer sticker would have been - and was appearrantly removed with a razer blade.

Has anyone else had this problem, and did the dealer replace the glass for you? Ultimately the dealer damaged a portion of the car, they should replace it...The tint shop says it's pretty common for some bozo at the dealer to just scrape off the stickers instead of use a cleaner to get them off.

I'm hoping for a little ammo to take to the dealer in case they don't seem to care (which is what I assume the would do - not care)

Sorry, no photos yet - but there is 4 lines total. two are about 4 or 5 inches long, two are 1 to 2 inches. they are placed perfectly to outline the area the window sticker would have been

If it were a Porsche or BMW dealer they would take care of it no questions asked. However, the Subaru dealer won't care, unless they're cool, which is rare. Just take it in, tell it like it is and see what they say. If it really bothers you and they won't help let SOA know.

Ahhhhh grasshopper. Now figure out if you want the same stupid idiots fixing your window too, PLUS properly adjusting it, and you will be beside yourself trying to figure out the lesser of two evils. Take into account that some grease monkey will be in, out, around your interior pieces with grease all over them. Don't have the tan interior do you? Been there before myself AND had to get them to fix stuff they broke in the process.

You can remove sticky with a razor blade, but you cannot twist, turn, or otherwide gouge at the glass. Then, a cleaner should be used. I wish I could count the number of trade ins I saw with gouges all around where previous dealer stickers had been. :eek: Yes- even STIs. I had to do extra work to keep less idiot time around our cars.

I would say do it if you have a dedicated Subaru dealership, or have positive feedback from the same dealership. The one I used to work at was chrysler dealership, with a little Subaru shack on the side, plus a shared chrysler mechanic area with one semi trained Chrysler guy that had taken a Scooby course = morons in the back. I was a salesman, and installed accessories for customers due to a mutual understanding of the terms shitty professional and amateur perfectionist with extreme mechanical and manufacturer knowledge.

Yes, they wont have enough ammo to get out of fixing your window even if you have to fight for months.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

My car had a ding in the rear door when I took delivery. The dealer had their paintless dent guy remove the ding and in the process really scratched up the door glass. They replaced the glass with no questions asked. I did have to make an extra trip back, because I didn't notice it until I got home. I am not sure if they warranteed it through Subaru or if they paid for it themselves. That is why I use a PDR guy that doesn't work for the dealer.
It is still ugly.

I had the same exact issue and the dealership I bought the car from replaced the glass.

It did take awhile from the first time I brought it in until it was finally replaced because most of the people I dealt with at the dealership aren't there any longer. (Which kind of frightens me...) Every time I called back I spoke to different people but in the end it was taken care of.

Archived