LegacyGT.com

BBk

br7sv9x8

hey maybe this question has been ask, but i want to know still from some more helpful LGT members.

the question is i have a set of front and rear BBK from an STI and does it fit to the LGT or do i have to do something?

i only have the front calipers no rotors just calipers

and same with the rear. do i need to get the rotors from the STI 5X100 to make it fit or does it fit the LGT rotors? and is it hard to install it or easy? Also is there a walk through on how to install BBK on a LGT? thanks for answering my question,

peter

Fronts:

Calipers Bolt up fine (assuming you have the two bolts that came with the Brembo front calipers) You'll need to purchase a set of STI Front Rotors, i have powerslots and they work great!

Rears:

For the rear calipers to work, you'll need a special bracket ($$$) also, the Rotors need some attention, Stock or replacement STI Rear rotors wont work with the LGT, this is due to the difference in rear end (R160 vs R180) so you'll need rotors that are STI Size, yet the Parking brake needs to be sleeved to work with the R160 End...Brembo has both the bracket and rotors, but they cost $$$$

Also Goodspeed (UK) sells this bracket & sleeving kit to make STI Rear brembo's work with a WRX, which in turn is what we also need...

hope that helps

~Sucka-Duck~

thanks alot guys.

what if i dont have the 2 bolts where do you think i can get it?

you can either buy them from the dealer, or its a common size bolt, i'll tell you the thread and pitch when i get home...

you could just pick it them up at osh or something, or get some SS one's from McMasterCar.

~Sucka-Duck~

koo thanks do you think you can help me install them?? since you live in OC and i go down there most of the time anyways, do you think we can met up and you can help me install them when i get some rotors for those calipers?

i have to get the STI rotors ones right the 5X100 for STI??

^^Correct...

Did you already do your brake lines (ie SS lines?)

Schedule permitting...i can lend a hand and a garage!...Also, if you collect all the pieces by this weekend, there the EDO install meet & bbq!!

~Sucka-Duck~

Also...You already have STI Brake pads??

If not, i got a set of STI Fredo Front pads that i could sell you, they've got ~75% on them, i never got around to using them cuz i went Hawk HPS all around...

Just throwing it out there

~Sucka-Duck~

the only thing i got now is the calipers and in the works of ordering the rotors but do i really need the SS line or can i use the stock ones? also im trying to fine the 2 bolts but have no luck right now. im just asking you if you can help me when i have everything ready thats all. not now should be soon tho.

Rears:

Also Goodspeed (UK) sells this bracket & sleeving kit to make STI Rear brembo's work with a WRX, which in turn is what we also need...

I contacted Godspeed (UK) about this rear kit. They actually make brake shoes that are extra thick so that the shoes make proper contact with the larger STi drum diameter.

The sleeves are made by a company in the US that used to be called Godspeed. They changed their name. I emailed them as well but it was quite expensive. One of the forum members here in socal (snodork, you proably know him) has the sleeves.

Recently, kingofparts started selling a kit with sleeved rear STi rotors. I don't know where they got their sleeves but their total kit price was fairly low.

the only thing i got now is the calipers and in the works of ordering the rotors but do i really need the SS line or can i use the stock ones? also im trying to fine the 2 bolts but have no luck right now. im just asking you if you can help me when i have everything ready thats all. not now should be soon tho.

Take a look at post #18. edmundu provided the P/N.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53873&page=2

The SS lines are a worthy investment. @ ~$140, its not too bad, plus, thats line for all four corners!

For Pads. I got a set that i'll let go fairly cheap for yah...

The caliper bolt: M12x1.50 fine thread, The total length of the bolt is easily determined, measure the thickness of the mouting surface on the calipers then on the front hub, add them together and BAM...YOur mounting bolts!

Smooches!

~Sucka-Duck~

this is what I know for the brembo rears (some things may be repetitive of whats already been said)

you need two things:

1. Get rotors to fit with the Legacy parking brake

-you can get enlarged parking brake pads from Godspeed and just use any rear rotor designed to fit the 04 sti.

-Buy brembo rear rotor that has an inner sleeve inside to work with the rear parking brake (downside: the sleeve is really heavy)

-or you can buy the new rotor that DBA is releasing with a smaller inner diameter. Which is a one-piece rotor (there is no inner sleeve)

2. You need to get a bracket to fit the rear calipers

- I was going to purchase the godspeed ones, but he informed me that the kit made for the wrx, would not work for the legacy.

-After searching for a longgg time for rear brackets, I have finally found a company in japan that makes this rear bracket and sells it separately. I plan to let japanparts know after the "golden week" in japan is over and they can put it up on their website.

Archived