LegacyGT.com

Highway Blowout on stock RE050A

carrata

So, yesterday, on my way to a wedding (of course) my front driver tire was punctured. I'm still running stock Bridgestone RE050A's .

Tried the tire sealant, but it didn't work. So i had to change to the spare (in my suit... and not the one in my avatar:cool:).

Now i need some advice. I have yet to visit a dealer to try to get this tire replaced. I doubt it'll be a warranty claim (even though these tires only have 1000km on them). Look like i drove over something small and sharp.

DO i replace the one tire and just keep going on the stockers, or do I upgrade and put the stockers back on when i sell the car? (provided i find a stock tire to replace the blown one with.)

My rims are the stock spec.b 18x7. Any suggestions for a course of action or perhaps new tires?

I had some Toyo Proxes4's on my previous legacy and i really liked them... but should i be thinking strictly summer - i have winter rims and tires.

Can anyone suggest a good tire dealer in Toronto?

Thanks all.

If you used tire sealent goo...you pretty much just trashed the tire and no one would try to repair it.

if the other 3 tires only have 1k km on them, just get one new one.

I used that crap once and thats what happened to me, never again.

Denial is your best friend

Unfortunately, I do not have TPMS.

They are not standard on the Canadian models. Boo.

Guess i screwed myself using the goo. Really, the only reason i had it was as a secondary option, but alas it didnt work. I'm off that bandwagon.

Thanks for all your replies.

Just got back from the dealer....

Apparently the hole is too close to the sidewall for repair.

They wanted $385 for the tire, plus plus. Around $425 CAD total. Crazy!

So, searching for other options. off to tirerack.com to see if they ship to canada.

Thanks for the replies.

Tirerack.com

DEFINATELY replace the tire and stick with this rubber. You can't beat it for the price, and even ignoring price, there is no _clearly_ better tire.

Get the 050A.

Archived