LegacyGT.com

visor removal ???

andaconda

No need to remove the visor...or start your car on fire.

Peel the sticker off. Use an iron (the kind your mom uses on clothes) and place a clean cloth on the left over adhesive residue and place the iron on the cloth. The heat will make the adhesive transfer off the visor to the cloth. It worked well for me. Start with low heat, even though I had to get up toward the higher end to get all of the adhesive off. Also, don't drop the iron on your console. And empty the water out of the iron before starting as you are holding it upside down in the car and the water will run out. Don't use the lighter fluid.

It is still ugly.

You do just pry it off. Use a large flathead screw driver with a towel around it so it doesn't tear through your headliner. It just pops off. Then you can iron it outside your car.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Update:

I did get the visors off, but was unable to remove the stickers.

I tried peeling at the edge. Then I tried the hot iron method, but that only made them stick on that much better. Then I tried 90% alchohol -- nothing. I finally tried the lighter fluid -- that didn't work either. I only managed to make one corner messy.

I hate to admit defeat -- but I'm stumped.

• 4 weeks later...
...and now your car smeels like lighter fluid!

win!!!

No -- I removed the visors and used the kitchen table. No smell left over at all. I did have to give up on getting the decals off.:mad:

• 3 months later...

quick update bump. i recently bought 2 taupe sunvisors from an '05 and removed the nasty stickers and retrofitted them to the car.

i got 'em from car-part.com, under misc interior parts for $25 bucks each. they're a little different, but i got included hardware and was quickly able to remove the stickers via the iron method.

one of the best mods for my car so far.......i really hated those effin stickers.....

Archived