LegacyGT.com

Trim pieces causing rattle ...

Ok, I am using this picture as reference ..

attachment.php?attachmentid=18285&d=1147302200

But the would trim piece that runs up the side, I don't know if its the heat or what, but both sides ... make noise. How would I go about getting rid of this noise. If I apply pressure on either side I can duplicate the noise.

Thanks.

Ok, I am using this picture as reference ..

attachment.php?attachmentid=18285&d=1147302200

But the would trim piece that runs up the side, I don't know if its the heat or what, but both sides ... make noise. How would I go about getting rid of this noise. If I apply pressure on either side I can duplicate the noise.

Thanks.

I used clear bathroom silicone to stop the yellow plastic clips from vibrating and making the noise. When you remove those two pieces of trim, there are three (I think) yellow clips that snap in and hold the trim in place. Even while installed, the clips can still be lose and rattle around. I gooped them up with clear silicone and then reinstalled everything. The silicone isn't acting like a glue, its just insulating the clips so they aren't free to rattle. The trim is still easily removed as this does not interfer with the clips themselves.

ignore him, he'll go away.

So .. you just put the stuff on the outside of the clips and plugged them back in?? Did you put the gunk inside the clip (it doesn't sound like it).

Thanks.

Yeah, squirted it right into the clips. You need to pull the trim from around the shifter out first to expose two screws at the bottom edge of each piece of side trim. Once those are out, then you can pull up and out on the side pieces. Should be a walk-through in the audio-interior section somewhere...

ignore him, he'll go away.

naw, on mine the piece on drive side rattles like crazy.. comes summer, when it's hot the noise comes back. I think main it's because when i drive, my knee push it down causing it to loosen and rattle. Most of the time i have to use my knee and apply strength on it so it wouldn't rattle anymore.

Dealer said i'm passed 14k miles (which covers interior rattling)

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Archived