LegacyGT.com

anyone here get pulled over running a stop sign? (New York State)

moviemadness

If I need to slow down real fast, I don't downshift - I just use my brakes. I guess I'm old fashioned.

If you rev-match, of course it's "eaiser" - but you rev-match each downshift, just to ultimately stop? Tedious!!! And think of your poor passengers!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

downshifting slows you down faster.

and i don't rev match downshift everytime I need to just stop - that's just crazy.

passengers? I don't jolt when I downshift/revmatch.

like i said, only in corners with fast entry and the need for fast exit. :)

:mad:

I just got pulled over for "failure to stop at a stop sign"

I asked the officer if it was possible for a warning or nothing at all, but he says once the ticket is written, it's done.

There is no fine $ amount on the ticket, but only a court address and date.

He said though since I claim that my record was clean (and it is), I should plea for not guilty and for driving school instead, so that I get no points or a reduced fine or something like that..

He gave me the option of just pleaing guilty and mailing in the ticket, or to plea not guilty and mail it in as well.

Can I just appear on court on the given day and then plea not guilty?

The situation was, I was driving down towards an exit, downshifted from 5-4-3-2-1, ALMOST a complete stop, then went off. So technically, I didn't make a 0mph complete dead stop, but what people call a "rolling stop."

I know that I did not come to a complete stop, but he says I should plea not guilty? Even though technically I am guilty?? huh? :confused:

Inputs are appreciated. Thanks.

go to tell you man. what you did is one of my pet peeves.

you ever tried crossing a cross walk and having the second car ignore the damn stop with you in the middle of the walkway?

what's wrong with coming to a complete stop even if no one is there? this goes for anybody here.

yes it is harder to stop with manual.

it's also harder to start from a dead stop.

I honestly think it's F-ing pointless at an intersection late night when you're the only damn car on the road(besides the friggin copper in the corner of a shadow) and it's obvious no car or person is gonna come and hit you unless they come at light speed.

oh and it wasn't even an intersection, more like an exit and merge at a thruway.

also, it's not that I totally blew the stop sign like it didn't even exist. I did slow down to the speed where you need to be in 1st gear to get starting again.

also, I never roll through stop signs when people are crossing.

so what's the worst that I can expect? and what's the least?

• 3 weeks later...

ok here's an update.

I was at court, and realized the judge was a philosophy prof. at my school.. well not that it really matters..

but I was called up front and he asked what I wish to plea, and I told him my dilemma.

I wish to plea, not guilty, but then I will have to take driving school, and that will be weeks later, but i'm leaving after graduation, and I won't be coming back to this state, and even if I do come back to the states, it will be october.

He told me to sit back down, and we'll settle this dilemma with the officer.

A few minutes, the officer calls me to a back room, and I explain it all again.

After a few seconds of thinking, he decided to withdraw the ticket. :)

We go back to the judge, and the judge calls it an early graduation present. lol

No ticket, no fine, no points. :):):)

...A few minutes, the officer calls me to a back room, and I explain it all again.

After a few seconds of thinking and a mean-ass BJ, he decided to withdraw the ticket. :)...

:lol:

that's cool man! happy travels and congrats!

Archived