LegacyGT.com

JDM Double Din Cubby or USDM OEM Nav Bezel

MaStaMooN

So... Im not waiting around for the JDM Dual Zone ACC issue to work itself out to install a new radio.. so im getting all the pieces together to do a double din install in the cubby area.

The JDM Double Din cubby thing is cool but has minimal fitment issues which is ok with me for now. Comes with the necessary brackets also. Price is outrageous for what you get but theres no getting around that.

The second option is going with the OEM Nav bezel. This actually is cheaper and should be a better fit, but unsure if it comes with the necessary bracketry to be able to bolt the double din unit in correctly. Also will have some holes that need to either be filled or something.

So does anybody know what it takes to get the OEM nav bezel to hold a double din radio in securely? The headunit im planing on installing is the Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/ bluetooth module, ipod cable & sirius module.

Also, if you cut the dash supports will double din radios sit flush? I see posts where they fit flush and ones that they dont, but dont see if those that dont just didnt cut the supports or what.

Thanks!

No, the OEM nav bezel does not hae the brackets for installing an aftermarket head unit. If you cut the dash supports, the radio should fit flush. I installed my Z-1 without cutting the supports because I did not want to go to the trouble (plue those supports are there for a good reason) but it does not fit flush.

No, the OEM nav bezel does not hae the brackets for installing an aftermarket head unit. If you cut the dash supports, the radio should fit flush. I installed my Z-1 without cutting the supports because I did not want to go to the trouble (plue those supports are there for a good reason) but it does not fit flush.

That blows but is what I expected. And im guessing the brackets in the double din setup are designed to provide the correct tilt to anything they are installed with.. so you couldnt use the JDM brackets with the OEM bezel.

Another SOA WTF!

IMO, the supports need to be cut regardless. They're even cut when installing a single DIN using the AVO piece. No prblems without them in my car for over a year.

With that said, in order for the top horizontal edge of the HU to sit behind the bezel, the dash supports are the least of your worries. More plastic had to be trimmed out of the way on my install to get the depth needed for an OEM finished look. The HU will need to be installed up and over the crash beam running from left to right in the general cubby area. This is where a tilting screen helps give the final product a better look to match the natural rake of the OEM bezel.

My installer used the USDM OEM bezel, removed the cubby and info panel, and custom made basic mounting brackets. Good luck with the install.l

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived