LegacyGT.com

08 lancer commercial

So i was just watching tv and saw the new lancer commercial. Basically it showed the sportyness of it and highlighted the fun to drive factor.

I have to agree with people who stated in the wrx forums that the evo will win this competion hands down

Ditching the 4g63 may end the Evo's appeal. Sure, the new engine is better on paper, but almost 20 years of proven ability goes a long way in selling cars to people that mod. Anyone that keeps a car stock wouldn't care.

How can the evo win hands down when the new STI hasn't even been revealed yet? Wacky statement.

Sorry should have been more susinct with my statement. The car looks nice (for its market place), and is advertised as a sports car that is fun to drive plus this was the base model.

my point being when has subaru demonstrated any form of advertising aside from the print media that their cars are fun to drive? let alone sporty.

I think the closest thing was when the forester drove through the woods across the street in a commercial from about two years ago.

Now with the newwrx coming out with verylittle apeal from the subie faithful and little advertising about the 'fun' aspect of the car i do not see how this car will do well against mitsu. who knows they may come up with a more male oriented marketing campaing that does hype the fun factor and not the class leading saftey, good gas milage, and versatility. (not that htese are bad things)

Archived