LegacyGT.com

Coilover Observations...

B4_Maniac

It has almost been a week with my new coilovers. I am very happy with them, and I just wanted to state some observations.

When they were installed we set them for maximum stiffness all the way around. After I had them aligned, my car would hold a turn like I never thought it would.

All floatieness that was present was erased and replaced with a firm confident feel that gave it a sharp and alert stearing responce. . I dubbed this.. "Michale Shumacher Mode"..

But, for day to day liveing, and for the rough streets in the downtown area that I live in..the setting was way to stiff. Every pot hole would leave a lasting impression, plus, it could not be good for the preservation of the dampners.

Now, I have adjusted the front struts to maximum soft. Wich is absloutely the most comfortable setting I have ever felt. It had the soft cushy feel of stock but none of the vagueness. I call this mode.." Care Bear Mode" Soft and cushy..and even the most sensitive passenger will not complain.

These coilovers are definatly worth the money and I now feel confident enough in them to suggest them to others.

The only long term concern I have is that the were designed with the JDM vehical with a 2.Liter engine. I wonder if the increased weight of the USM 2.5 liter engine affect the suspension componets long term

B4

730617262_LS(Medium).jpg.9444682a6dbb6672975f059a18fe65af.jpg

Nice! What coil-overs did you put on again? I agree with Rob's comments on weight. It will be very minimal change per powertrain. If anything, weight would be elsewhere, like bumpers and such, but the weight balance end to end should be rather close to the JDM.

[quote name='SUBE555']Nice! What coil-overs did you put on again? I agree with Rob's comments on weight. It will be very minimal change per powertrain. If anything, weight would be elsewhere, like bumpers and such, but the weight balance end to end should be rather close to the JDM.[/QUOTE] [url="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4456"]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4456[/url]

Archived