LegacyGT.com

2008 Dodge Avenger RT 3.5L

WOW! We got our first 3.5L Avenger RT in this week. I drove it this morning. I must admit, aside from the recycled milk jug plastic interior, it's a nice piece.

Stomp it from a stop and it burns all the way through 1st gear. It snaps off shifts like my Yamaha......extremely close ratio's through 4th gear (has a six speed auto) and has a sweet sound too the motor.

Go drive one, make sure it's an RT with the 3.5L. It's a blast to drive:) For 24K, (everything but leather, has climate control, boston acustic sound, heated/cooled holders, sunroof, 8 way pwr heated seat, etc) it's a pretty nice piece. If you get the opportunity, drive one and post your impressions of the powertrain and suspension tuning.

"Meh" all you want but it'll be a top contender for a lot of people. It's got a boatlaod of options, room, and a cheap price tag when fully loaded.

For comparison, you'd pay $21k for a loaded Lancer. This car would be worth the extra $50/mo to me.

eh, if RWD I might have had a chance of liking 'em. Looks kinda bulky, but still looks aggressive. I think the Charger looks good sometimes on paper, but in real life is too big. The Avenger seems a good size, but the styling seems a little off.

they have these in awd also

Yes, AWD will be available mid year. Personally I liked the ability to hooligan burn rubber at will. It was fun.

As for that picture, the car looks much better in person. It shoulda had a 2 door body option. We have no midsize coupes. Silver is my personal favortive color on it. You need to drive a six speed to apprecate it. It's almost VTEC like.

The interior kills it. It's laid out great, but the choice of materials screams cheap. :mad: It kills my desire to own one. On the other hand, maybe they are finally putting the money where it counts, in the hardware.

[quote name='mele63'][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mele63/aven.jpg[/IMG] meh. ...and why, exactly, is this not a Dodge Charger?[/QUOTE] They do look quite the same. Very cookie cutter if you ask me. [img]http://www.dieselstation.com/wallpapers/Dodge-Charger-2005/Dodge-Charger-2005-001.jpg[/img]

• 3 weeks later...

Dudes, this powertrain is a home run! The 3.5 is velvety smooth, the six speed auto is getting crisper and more precise as miles roll on (222 miles so far). I'm hooking up the G timer this weekend to get some baseline numbers.:) I'd love to do an in car vidieo from a standing start to 70 mph. My photography geek buddy says he can hook me up.

For 23,500 dollars, this car is looking good. The Sebring I just finished driving is on the same platform and I actually enjoyed every one of the 5000 miles I put on it. These cars have a thick, syrup type Benz feel to them, with the exception of some notchy feeling switch gear such as the mulitfunction switch.

Archived