LegacyGT.com

Cleaning AEM CAI

Spray

Did a search couldn't find anything.

I purchased a used AEM cai off a member of the board. I dont have any cleaning solution. I was thinking of putting just a drop of dish soap in a bucket and cleaning it that way. Anyone else have any suggestions? Or should I try and get the official cleaning solution.

Did a search couldn't find anything.

I purchased a used AEM cai off a member of the board. I dont have any cleaning solution. I was thinking of putting just a drop of dish soap in a bucket and cleaning it that way. Anyone else have any suggestions? Or should I try and get the official cleaning solution.

Is it the dry filter or the oiled version?

If dry I am not sure as I've had no experience with them before, but I guess you can use the cleaning solution that comes in the K&N filter cleaning kit or you can just use water.

If it's the oil type filter, get the K&N filter cleaning kit as you don't know what the liquid dish washing soap will do to the filter element (harden it after it dries, shrink it, etc). Plus you would need the oil to re-oil the filter. Or you could purchase the dry filter equivalent from AEM.

Hope this helps, I'm sure others will chime in as well.

It's the dry filter, hmmm I'll try to get the official cleaning solution.

Just to let you know, I have no experience with the dry flow filters so I take no responsibility if the filter messes up with the solution in the K&N kit :lol:

You should probably wait for others on the forum to give their input before deciding.

Archived