LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

"Good and evil when they attain their full stature are retrospective. That is why, at the end of all things, the damned will say we were always in Hell, and the blessed we have never lived anywhere but in heaven."

--C.S. Lewis

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

"I'm called 'the poorest president', but I don't feel poor. Poor people are those who only work to try to keep an expensive lifestyle, and always want more and more,"

-President Jose Mujica, President of Uruguay

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

“I’m so sick of people treating me like I’m the failure of the Manning family,” he said. “So my brothers play in the NFL. Whoopdee shit. There are 32 starting NFL quarterbacks. You know how many partners there are at regional energy investment company of this size? Not 32, I’ll tell you that. We’re a division of ScotiaBank, godammit! That shit’s international!”

-Cooper Manning

Posting this for KRB - 1) Because I know how much he appreciated Justice Scalia, and 2) That he'll find hope in his words.

12743887_10153797360317860_2678067093821911666_n.jpg?oh=9b4cf18c2ddb54572c228521b49e4979&oe=57304766

Rest in peace Antonin, you've earned it.

“I love to argue. I’ve always loved to argue. And I love to point out the weaknesses of the opposing arguments. It may well be that I’m something of a shin kicker. It may well be that I’m something of a contrarian.”

– Justice Scalia

“Undoubtedly some think that the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct.”

– Justice Scalia

In reaction to criticism from Obama:

“What can he do to me? Or to any of us? We have life tenure and we have it precisely so that we will not be influenced by politics, by threats from anybody.”

– Justice Scalia

“I love to argue. I’ve always loved to argue. And I love to point out the weaknesses of the opposing arguments. It may well be that I’m something of a shin kicker. It may well be that I’m something of a contrarian.”

– Justice Scalia

Sound like anyone else we know? The parallels are interesting.

– Justice Scalia

Only in this attitude are Scalia and I alike.

"The young have aspirations that never come to pass, the old have reminiscences of what never happened. It’s only the middle-aged who are really conscious of their limitations — that is why one should be so patient with them."

— Saki

453747.png

“A man who has made no enemies is probably not a very good man.”

– Justice Scalia

Scalia's quote is just a dumbed down version of Confusius. "It is not sufficient for a man to be liked by all the good people in a village. He must also be disliked by all the bad people."