LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

its funny how you get all butthurt. especially when my quote is a basic fact that youre bitching about. im kind of glad i havent ventured into the PA, i doubt it would be any fun

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allen Poe

right about here...

Gosh, that makes it better. It's funny how gun owners get defensive when one simply points out a basic fact.

I suspect Bosco will soon tell us to back OT.

sarcasm and defensiveness. i enjoy sarcasm, but you seem to get very invested in your arguments like the opposed are kicking your puppy. ive actually gotten good info from your posts, and the stats are all valid. unfortunately, even the gov't based stats can be massaged to prove any point you would like to make. in 1999 i wrote a paper using the firearms homicide rates to prove that baseball bats were a larger threat than pistols. i didnt lie at all, i just used the stats to my advantage. and, at the time, bludgeoning deaths were higher than assault with a firearm. stop getting so personally invested in these arguments, im not.

"In one case out of a hundred a point is excessively discussed because it is obscure; in the ninety-nine remaining it is obscure because it is excessively discussed." - Edgar Allen Poe

Not really sure that's butthurt, butt if you want to think so, have at it. As for invested in my argument about guns, I do think many gun owners are fanatics, especially those in the PA. Frankly, if you're willing to discuss politics at all, on either side, you're slightly fanatical. Most people avoid the subject like the plague. But I am willing to express my opinions and when others say something I think is stupid, I'm fully willing to say that.

Your post, for example, was just sarcastic and silly. Yeah, it's all Chicago's fault.

I think most non-gun owners would agree that more Americans dying from private guns than from war during the same period is a bad thing. Gun owners seem to think that's ok. This confuses me given the amount of wars America has been in during the last 50 years.

Aside from Vietnam, it does say a heck of a lot about our military, however, plus we've chosen wars that we could dominate easily. Aside from Lebanon.

Your post, for example, was just sarcastic and silly. Yeah, it's all Chicago's fault.

thats exactly what it was supposed to be, to help diffuse the seriousness you inject with all things gun related. i dont mind discussing politics, but ill rarely actually give my own views. ive always said that there are three things i refuse to argue about: politics, religion and drugs. i enjoy a debate, so ive always been able to separate what i feel and what i decide to discuss with others. it helps to keep the sanity, and sometimes discussing things youre out of date on will get some new info into the brain.

"In criticism I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me." - Edgar Allen Poe

There's the difference between you and me. I LOVE discussing politics and religion. I don't mind verbal confrontation and don't shy away from it. I was always willing to questions with my teachers or professors. I love a good argument. And I don't take it personally unless you get personal (in person), which most don't. The internet is different, of course. Most make it personal (see the PA). Maybe I'm carrying my bad habit from there into this thread.

I hate most human gatherings becz they mostly discuss banal interpersonal issues which I have no interest in. Bores me to death. I'd rather have a debate. The vast majority of humanity is not like me at all.

As climate change reshapes the World’s coastlines, rich people lose their second homes. Poor people lose their only homes.

-- Neil deGrasse Tyson

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

As climate change reshapes the World’s coastlines, rich people lose their second homes. Poor people lose their only homes.

-- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Nah. The homes a few rows back will become the new coastal homes. Win! :lol:

True fact. This issue is actually what made me want to go to law school.

Seriously, the real losers will be ecosystems as coastal wetlands are inundated and can't migrate upshore fast enough to keep up with SLR. Fisheries will die off quickly since a vast percentage of fisheries depend on coastal wetlands for nurseries of their young. It will have a devastating effect on fishery resources around the world.

There's the difference between you and me. I LOVE discussing politics and religion. I don't mind verbal confrontation and don't shy away from it.

mebbe i didnt convey well, but im the same way, i just rarely argue my actual feelings. i still doubt ill join the PA tho, i hear its dark and skary in there...

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

to SBT: ive put quotes in my posts to keep it on track... no hit the twisty.