LegacyGT.com

B and C Pillar cover removal

Ultraman V

Hi all,

I've done some searching and I'm sure I could do more but this is nagging me, but more importantly it's nagging my wife......which you all know where that goes....back to me :lol:

We've got a nasty rattle in the B pillar and one in the C pillar, is there any issue with removing these due to the side curtain air bags. I've removed the interior of my WRX so I'm not a newb in that sense, but that SRS label puts fear in my eyes.

Thanks in advance to anyone shedding some light.

no issue w/ the c pillar (at least on the wagon) mine is out right now and to be honest, it doesn't even expose the airbag.... I dunno where it is...

Check the vacation pics to be 100% sure!

Fear not the side curtain air bag. If you are gentle in removing the panels you won't interact with the bags at all (panel puller tool makes it 1000 fold easier). The air bags are all hooked to inertia sensors which sense the impact to the overall vehicle, so you could smack the sensor array with a hammer and nothing would happen (wouldn't recommend it though :lol: ). As far as the bags themselves, design and placement are amicable to panel removal and you should have no problems. Just be as careful as you would otherwise (no yanking) and you'll be just fine.

Here's a pic of a couple of my panel pullers, strictly an automotive tool. These are Snap-on and can only be bought off the truck or online. I'm sure somebody Home Depot or Sears-like must sell something similar though. They allow you to pull each pop on the panel individually so not lost or broken tabs :) .

The model #s on these are : Top one is A177A, bottom one A161B

Top one works best. Here's a link.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID=12812&PartNo=a177a&group_id=1793&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all

Picture1.jpg.7654d38f0339b0d6ce0e727d522cc558.jpg

Wow, that nylon set is nice, I'm going to have to order one of those for my WRX. Since installing the coilovers with camber plates......there seems to be a new rattle almost everytime I drive the car. It's a :wub::spin: relationship i guess :lol: but I will be getting these rattles corrected if I have to glue the entire inside of the car down.

I did pick up a metal tool, like CSTMIZR's at sears yesterday that should get me into the LGT pillar covers easily this weekend and help with my WRX panels.....better than nothing!

Archived