LegacyGT.com

Need Advice: CasopoliS Design Decals on my car

CasopoliS

Just got my decals in.... here are the details:

Sizes I received (max dims):

3" high x 7" wide

5" high x 11" wide

Both are not that big when put on the windshield / rear window

Looking at the rendering below, on the decals I have: the blue is a transparent blue vinyl, and the black is a white vinyl.

http://www.casopolis.com/images/CasopoliS_Design_vinyl_final.jpg

Where should I put this? I don't really want it on the paint, I am thinking:

1. top middle rear window

2. top middle windshield

3. lower passenger-side rear window

4. lower passenger-side windshield

I also have a bunch of my logos... in white and transparent blue, and many sizes.... I could also put these somewhere

The "logo" is seen in the image below:

http://www.casopolis.com/images/subaru_shift_AT_revA_iso.jpg

I just want it to look the best. Your thoughts are appreciated!

Jon

all are decent choices but i think the windshield is the best. most cars you see or take pics of is a frontal to an off angle frontal view. max exposure. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

all are decent choices but i think the windshield is the best. most cars you see or take pics of is a frontal to an off angle frontal view. max exposure. bosco

Yea I was thinking about putting it just above the wipers heat bands in the windshield.

Attached are 3 ideas.

I like having it off to the side... I dunno why... just different.

http://www.casopolis.com/images/decal_car_render_1.jpg

http://www.casopolis.com/images/decal_car_render_2.jpg

http://www.casopolis.com/images/decal_car_render_3.jpg

The only thing I think looks weird is that it does not span the width of the windshield. It does not flow. It can always be removed.... but it would be nice to get it right first ;)

you are correct about spanning the windshield looking even better. i'd go with the side rear windows on second thought. when it's offset on the front windshield it's starts to look like a paking sticker. bosco

get a mirrored silver tint that goes across complete top of windshield then put three of your decals in a row over the tinted banner to make it look like the ones you see on other cars that say the name of something.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

If you put them anywhere where the wiper will touch it, they will not last that long. Specially true for the transparent blue since it is a thinner vinyl.

If a lot of exposure is what you want you need to rethink the logo for a banner application. Move the blue logo to the left side, and instead of having the words on top of each other, have them in a straight line.

*logo* CasopoliS Design

I know, it breaks up the original design, but it will make for a nice windshield banner.

X

---

The best way to figure out where you want it is to go to a sign shop and buy a couple of small pieces of clear static cling plastic (most shops will have some scraps they will let you have for free). This way you can put the sticker on it and move it around to see where you like it best. It also lets you see it without the paper background, so you can see what it will actually look like.

If it were me, I would put it on the lower passenger side of the rear window, or one, or both, of the corner windows behind the rear doors.

I'd go with max advertising, same as post #12, but just your tint-area banner.

:)

And hey, are you going to offer some of the smaller ones for decal collectors like me? :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I say put the small logo on the left of the banner.

Also leave off the website address at the bottom, and create a www. banner in just letters for your back windshield. I also think that silver would be a better color for the white letters.

X

---

you are correct about spanning the windshield looking even better. i'd go with the side rear windows on second thought. when it's offset on the front windshield it's starts to look like a paking sticker. bosco

get a mirrored silver tint that goes across complete top of windshield then put three of your decals in a row over the tinted banner to make it look like the ones you see on other cars that say the name of something.

That will cost you and addiditional $105:spin: on top of the $275 tint job. It took 4 years, but it will get you eventually!:lol:

you know you would have to do the whole car, not just a strip Cas.

Archived