LegacyGT.com

A better searching engine?

rc0032

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Can we increase the searching functionality? I have noticed over the past few weeks we have picked up new people and in general we are starting threads that have been discussed over and over (like why DM doesn’t like intakes or K&N). [/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font=Times New Roman][size=3]My suggestions (feel free to add more) would include allowing a search based on more than keywords…perhaps keywords and users (started and posted). We could also include the date the thread was started or the last time someone posted to it. [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Or the ability to type in two words and the search bring back all threads that contain these words (or just one of the words) that are not directly linked. Ex. Climate Control. If this is Climate X Control the search will not bring it back. [/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font=Times New Roman][size=3]So I can search Short Throw sifters > 08/01/2004.[/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font=Times New Roman][size=3]Im not sure how this site works, ie. is Tide or the other moderators paid or do they just have nothing better to do. Anyway im a programmer (and I know we have a few others) and I would be willing to help follow through with this idea. [/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font=Times New Roman][size=3]Can we also make it so if you click search you don’t have to click again in the search box to start typing. [/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font='Times New Roman']Thanks for everyone for all of the great work that goes into this site. You guys are a great help!!! [/font]

I think the search is pretty much stuck like how it is for the moment. Im sure that Tide has looked into this. I agree the search could be a little more functional although this could be programed, it may take time, but sensational thought process, well done. Adam.

Some of the things you ask for are not possible in the realm of HTML. This software is vBulletin, and unless there is a 'search mod', I don't see search changing. To be honest I think the things your asking for will go largely unused by the majority of users.

Archived