LegacyGT.com

20,000 kms (12,500 miles) Questions

My 2.5i NA just flew past the 20,000km mark last weekend. Here's some concerns that i need help with.

1. Engine whine - lots of it. Mostly when accelerating in 2nd and little bit on the 3rd. Also a lot when downshifting on the 3rd and 2nd - very very distinct. Not from suspension. From engine - drivetrain. not sure what. Is this normal?

2. Centre console - HOT. Been like this for ages. The centre radio/AC surface is super super warm to touch. The little glove compartment is so hot i could fry an egg.

3. Creaking/squeaking from the seat when i move/budge/adjust myself in it. Not when i adjust the seat itself. Springs inside or whatever inside are bad?

Should i go to the dealer for these? Are these normal?

Yes I would suggest checking with the dealer, I usually save up a bunch of problems/issues when I go to the dealer so it isn't just for one thing, looks like you got 3 of em. Just ask them to check it out.

For the record the cubby gets quite warm and so does the stereo. I have had the same issues. You can tell when you eject a CD after a long drive.

Oh my dealer is fed up with me i have had so many problems that i have gone to them for so far. I tried my best to accumulate a few problems before i went to them but there have been too many little problems. I wasn't just sure about the whining though. I am not sure if that's a natural thing with these engines or something that's happening to these cars rarely.

Another thing i have is a roar - like a lawnmower - really odd out of the ordinary growl at 3000 rpm (~70mph) along with the usual engine din. It's been like that since day one. Hasn't really worsened much thought in the one year i've had it.

Dealer says

1. Cubby hole is hot like that. It's normal

2. The yucky manual temp control is stiff like that. It's normal.

3. The engine whine is whiny like that. It's normal.

Grr

at least they washed it.

I gotta get a legacy meet organized here in Toronto - there aren't many folks with 2.5is. There's the family folks with wagons or the snooty execs with GTs - dunno if they even get together anywhere. LOL! :)

Archived