LegacyGT.com

Exhaust tips

D-2.5-GT

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good product / way to clean the tips of the exhaust. They are all covered with carbon from probably running a little rich. Anyway, just want to try and get them back to that shinny finish. Any ideas?

[quote name='D-2.5-GT']Just wondering if anyone knew of a good product / way to clean the tips of the exhaust. They are all covered with carbon from probably running a little rich. Anyway, just want to try and get them back to that shinny finish. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]Are you talking about the exterior of the exhaust chromed tips? If yes, I use Simple Green automotive cleaner/degreaser (biodegradable on top of that). It works really well and it's what I use to clean my wheels as well.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Guest JessterCPA
[quote name='TeeLoo']Are you talking about the exterior of the exhaust chromed tips? If yes, I use Simple Green automotive cleaner/degreaser (biodegradable on top of that). It works really well and it's what I use to clean my wheels as well.[/QUOTE] Agreed. I picked up a gallon of Simple Green at Costco & use it on everything!

Archived