LegacyGT.com

Navigation?

shediesforhim

Im not aware of any specific links to said topic, due to noone pursuing it due to the extremely high cost.

If I remember correctly, it was approx $2000 if you got the parts used? I think more than that OEM from dealer (screen was just $900 alone IIRC).

If you already have the parts, than youre half way there. Most of the parts are just swapped with your stockers, but I dunno about the new wiring harnesses, etc.

You MIGHT want to look into a CarPC (not sure how you feel on the subject). You get about 5x the features, at less than half the cost. Something to think about. Some of the CarPC installs here look more OEM than the actual OEM nav.

Either way, good luck with whichever path you choose!

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

From here on, members are probably just going to tell you to Search. GPS arguments/discussions have been covered here in depth hundreds of times. You'll also be able to find some custom installs of people that have placed their GPS units in their cubbies, to give it a little more OEM look. Just search GPS, im sure youll get a lot of threads.

Need to search for just GPS. Then youll find probably 50+ threads. Within them, you'll find the custom installs. I remember some being named "GPS Placement" or "GPS Location" or something of that nature. Theyre there.

Here's my CarPC install (for reference of what you can do with your cubby space):

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1088298&postcount=414

Now, that's a carpc, but a double din GPS would look something to that effect.

With the stock navi you have to get new brains, the navi is running from them with a new wiring harness, its all tied in together. if your car did not come with it i would not even do it. it will cost so much money and time. just get a tom tom or something!

Yes, I relocated the clock down to where the ashtray would be, you should be able to see it in one of the pictures. It's the AVO clock relocation kit. Honestly, I didnt use the 12v plug down there, and I think the clock looks better there than where it is stock.

Archived