LegacyGT.com

Autospeed uppipe/short or long downpipe

algol

I have had a strong urge to go stage 2 since an extended conversation with my nephew regarding modding his STi. I am a noob when it comes to actually installing parts, although I have a pretty good idea about how to install the parts. I have been reading these forums for quite a while and have but three questions for you guys.

1. The autospeed uppipe in the legacy section of their site says it is for the WRX. Am I correct in thinking the WRX and legacy use the same uppipe? I like the 150 dollar sale price for their uppipe and want to buy one but for this one uncertainty.

2. I have been thinking of either the cobb cattless downpipe (dont want to pay for a cat) or the crucial cattless downpipe, which I understand is a shorty. What is the advantage of the full downpipe v. the shorty? Is there a restriction in the midpipe that the full downpipe would alleviate?

3. I heard it is advized to zip tie certain hoses after going stage 2. Is there a place I can go that will explain what hoses to tie off?

Hey thanks guys! I have been searching for these answers on the site, but I either must suck at searching or they don't exist.

Oh and by the way I am already stage 1 (accessport) with cobb front/rear sway bars--couldn't stand the lean.

• 4 weeks later...

You can get an Autospeed full turboback for $998 shipped if you hurry. They are liquidating their inventory to make room for new or something. The DP included is a full length with a high flow cat. You can buy it separate for $349 I think.

Yes, the WRX and Legacy use the same uppipe. Go with the STi uppipe if you want to appear stock.

If you want cheap catless, I think Megan Racing has a full length with no cat for around $200. Be prepared for the smell if you are totally catless though. The advantage of a full length downpipe is it eliminates two cats whereas the shorty only does one. You can still go Stage 2 with just a shorty though. Obviously you will get more power by eliminating two cats but I'm not sure how much more.

As far as sites to buy from, check the Vendor forums on this site. They usually will give you a pretty good deal. The Autospeed turboback I bought was directly from their website, www.autospeedperformance.com

Archived