LegacyGT.com

STi Genome Dual Sport Exhaust system

LandShark

Been looking over the many goodies that "KingofImports.com" is offering as imported from Japan for the Legacy GT. Found this exhaust system particularly good-looking and aggressive in style. Does anybody have any knowledge, experience, or opinion on the STi Genome brand exhaust system: [url="http://www.kingofimports.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=99&idproduct=254"]http://www.kingofimports.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=99&idproduct=254[/url] I have not inquired about pricing yet.

Man, that sounds alot more "ricer" than I would ever want it to. Perhaps the USM 2.5 liter would sound deeper and less raspy? You bring up an excellent point about the unequal length aspect of the USD exhaust pipes. There's no reason to expect any JDM Legacy exhaust to fit, right?

indeed it does sound ricey.. I am waiting on Blitz for the Realize TT-R exhuast for the time being.. I can't justify myself getting the Kansai Ti Muffler Exhuast or the other Blitz Nur Spec that [url]www.fastwrx.com[/url] has. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='LandShark']Man, that sounds alot more "ricer" than I would ever want it to. Perhaps the USM 2.5 liter would sound deeper and less raspy? You bring up an excellent point about the unequal length aspect of the USD exhaust pipes. There's no reason to expect any JDM Legacy exhaust to fit, right?[/QUOTE] It sounds ricey due to the "equal" length headers, which result in loosing the boxer rumble. It will sound more to your likeing on the USDM GT.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Got this reply back from Steve: [i]"The equal length piping is before the turbo. From the turbo back the exhausts are nearly identical. From the axle back they are exactly identical, as far as we can tell. [/i][i]We will be able to test-fit these onto a USDM LGT once they arrive just to verify they fit before selling them to any customers. Still, whoever pays for them first will get them." [/i] [i]Thanks, [/i] [i]Steve Durman [/i] [i]NASIOC: MK2TMR2 [/i] [i][url]www.jdmpartstx.com[/url] [/i] [i]Used JDM Performance Parts[/i]

[quote name='LandShark']You bring up an excellent point about the unequal length aspect of the USD exhaust pipes. There's no reason to expect any JDM Legacy exhaust to fit, right?[/QUOTE] The equal length exhaust pipes are limited to the section before the turbo. From the turbo back the setup is nearly identical to the USDM car, from what we can tell. The axle-back portion looks exactly the same. We will be test fitting these onto a USDM LGT when they arrive.

[quote name='jdmpartstx']The equal length exhaust pipes are limited to the section before the turbo. From the turbo back the setup is nearly identical to the USDM car, from what we can tell. The axle-back portion looks exactly the same. We will be test fitting these onto a USDM LGT when they arrive.[/QUOTE] Teh USDM DP is longer. DM is probably being redundant.

Archived