LegacyGT.com

Stock Radio Swap

JayMitch2.5i

I have the basic radio and climate control set up in my legacy. Does any one know if the upgraded radio and digital climate control setup directly plug into the basic harness or would i have to modify it? I ask cuz there is one on sale on ebay and id purchase it if it did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290100017508

Guest Gitster

Its for a Chinese Leggie, coming from Hong Kong, China is Left Hand Drive like us. Quite sketchy though, I did buy my cellphone from Hong Kong on Ebay, but I dunno about this.

Its just a bid, not Buy It Now, so I dunno if the reserve is met.

Guest Gitster
Made in Japan. Not sure if ours are. Probably. Funny they dont show the back and the inputs, otherwise we could tell if its gonna fit .

Guest Gitster
Couldn't he get the radio and maybe swap out the face plates? maybe with a few mods? I'm looking into the same thing. But my dealer said probably not. But that's a dealer. :)

Uhhh goodluck with that. ZMarko im sure is correct with the above statement. What would that lead you to thinking you could just swap the faceplate ? The internals of the entire HU are different so what are you going to connect the face of the GT HU to????

I realy wanted to just upgrade the CC rather than the radio and keep things looking stock. But i might end up buying the faceplate from crutchfield and just place the alpine center speaker in the single din and have the receiver in the cubby compartment, get a good 5.1 sound setup. Thanks for the info guys

I realy wanted to just upgrade the CC

DON'T DO IT!!!

The electric climate control is total crap. i would love to rip that garbage out and convert to manual CC but it's going to be a huge PITA to do it.

whats so bad about it?

it isn't stateful. when you turn it on, it will sometimes remember the fan speed and temp, but it will always turn on the A/C and switch to recirculate every time you turn it on. and depending on the settings and existing air temp, it might crank up the fan speed all the way to get to the correct temp quicker. then you have to mess with two or more buttons to switch it back. then you have to fiddle with two temp knobs instead of one. all this while you're supposed to be driving. and you can't get warm air to come out no matter what you set it to. it's either hot or cold, take your pick.

i've learned to leave it on at all times to avoid the hassle of turning it on. if i don't need heat i'll simply turn the temp to 65. as a result the fan is always running so i expect my fan motor to not last very long. in the summer when it's warm but not hot enough for a/c you have to turn it off to prevent hot air from coming out. i really miss manual climate control...

Archived