LegacyGT.com

stupid coin holder (ashtray) question

RoundBoy

I'm using my ashtray for a coin holder.. and this factoid annoyed me enough to mention it. why... why does the removable part of the ashtray hinge toward the front of the car ?? I really can't figure out its purpose.... Anyone ???

[quote name='RoundBoy'] why... why does the removable part of the ashtray hinge toward the front of the car ?? [/QUOTE] To pinch my fingers as I try to get out 50cents for the toll...I suffer from the same thing. At this point I am looking at salvage yards for one of the old pull-out fuse covers w/ a pocket for coins, like Subaru used to use... Brian

That thing sucks as an ash tray so why would it be good for anything else, so just rip it out and put in an xm radio reciver. Wraith i have one thing to say on tolls EZ-Pass is the greatest thing ever invented, now why can't every state follow jersy and have lanes where you can do 55 through them

[quote name='ih8vtec13']That thing sucks as an ash tray so why would it be good for anything else, so just rip it out and put in an xm radio reciver. Wraith i have one thing to say on tolls EZ-Pass is the greatest thing ever invented, now why can't every state follow jersy and have lanes where you can do 55 through them[/QUOTE] Yeah...we in NH follow that 'Live Free or Die' spirit...though it seems Speed-Pass/EZ-Pass/Something-Pass is coming...finally... Brian

[quote name='MSB']Isn't there a small coin holder beside your left knee, below where the wind mirror controls are?[/QUOTE] Nope we don't get that anymore :( My last few Subes had it, but now it's just a blank fuse cover... Brian

RoundBoy, Follow these instructions very closely: Watch the ashtray carrier assembly as you close the ashtray door... :) It' simply that they needed the carrier to be deeper than the door so there are two hinge points. The carrier actually provides the spring action to push the door open. I guess the could have found a way to mount the carrier directly to the door but it might not have worked as well.

Archived