LegacyGT.com

To the v-dub meet on Rt. 1...

crazyjay1089

I know you fags thought you got me good, but that was actually my exit, not you forcing me off of Rt 1. Your cars all looked like one of my morning dumps; your fart cans left a nice residue all over your cheap plastic aftermarket bumpers. Your reckless driving and blatant disregard for the safety of others completely justifies the car accident you're bound to end up in, and the injuries you receive. I hope at least one of you has taste, and keeps up with these boards because of your aspirations in life to move up from run-down ricer to a more mature car. Write me next time you're in North Brunswick.

to our boards: I hope we all maintain a certain level of pride and maturity at our gatherings. The meet today was a poor exhibit of the irresponsible behavior that can only negatively impact our larger car community as tuners/enthusiasts. These types of actions are the stereotypes that cops act based upon when they break up our own meets, or the condescending glares we receive from fellow motorists. Let's keep it civil on our roadways.

Guest subiecity
:lol::lol::lol:wish i was there,.. they probably looked like fly's ona horse....i hate V-dubs...theres a club up here by me and ...wll correction "club" ...they all have mixed at matched rims off of each others cars and differnt doorpanels and bumpers one person upgrades his volkswagon and they must take the old pieces and like throw them in an arena for the broke ass other v-dubers to battle it out, i attended one of their "meetings" with a freind of mine with her garbage car.....it was like a ****** freek show...im talkin about the cars

^^^ I don't even hate VWs. I think the brand has quite a few good cars, and they're sense of German engineering and thoughtfulness is something many more manufacturers should look to. If an R32 were within my budget, there's a good chance I wouldn't be on these boards. That said, a few of the cars at the meet were tastefully done. Not to stereotype, but a few quiet asians were just cruising along in a line minding their own business and enjoying one of the first decent days we've had around here in a while. There were a couple tastefully done GTIs and even a couple S4s and A3s (I really like the A3s)

But two of the cars at the back of the line were darting in and out of traffic, not really gaining any ground. Both were gaudy looking Mk. IVs. I was in the left lane and one of their brothers from Stuttgart, a C230, cut me off. I might have been in his blind spot, and if that were so it would have been fine because I've pulled the same move a couple times by mistake. I gave a quick honk as I slammed my brakes. To my surprise, he flipped me the finger.

I was mad.

A C230 v. an LGT: this is a no-brainer. I past him. Didn't even bother to cut him off, seeing as that wouldn't have helped either of us out. I know the traffic flow around my area, so I got in the right lane knowing that it usually has a constant flow. I drove past all of them as they were in standstill traffic. I guess at the next light, the guy in the C230 managed to tell his buddies what had happened, because they immediately went into the shoulder and caught up to me. One came up on my left, another in front. Their passengers opened the sunroofs, yelled out for me to pull over. One had a cheap imitation cop siren in his car. One of the guys was waving something of a badge embroidered on a piece of cloth. 25 cent iron-on. Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they weren't cops, but as my exit was all but 50 feet away, I slowed down and switched to the exit lane. They laughed, and sped off making obscene gestures the whole way. Yea, you got me real good.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, but this one really got me riled up. I'm excited for the Palisades meet; hopefully I'll be attending.

I must have missed all of this today on my way down from New Brunswick (Rutgers) on rt 1 at around.. 6:15. I stopped at the farmers market across from J&J to get some fruits and veggies (saw a silver legacy and thought it was actually you, but it was a 2.5i :().

You better be attending the Palisades meet though. If you don't, who am I going to drive up with??

Guest Gitster
Wow what a story. F these guys. What the F were they gonna do if you pulled over?? You shoulda pulled over and called the cops, told them you were being ganged up on / car jacked and as they pulled over, lock you door and see wtf theyre gonna try and do with the cops screamin up on them.

It was a 2.5i with a spoiler. There was a Jesus fish under the "Legacy" badge and I think a small "Lucas" subaru sticker on the opposing side.

The only problem with calling the cops and pulling over is that it'll take a few minutes for the them to show up and save the day. Meanwhile, who knows what they'll do to you or your car :( But should have taken plate #'s down and given the cops a call for dangerous/reckless driving people. Not sure if they still care about that stuff, but who knows.

They weren't about to stop if i pulled over. Just speed off and give me the finger. They did just that when I slowed down for my exit. I think they though I was slowing down to pull over, when in reality it was more to avoid the prick in the v-dub in front of me trying to ram me off the road combined with my exit ramp.

lol.. I've been to that meet, when I was an Audi 'er .they held it weekly or monthly in the spring and summer

it's amazing just how different the Vdubb folks really are....

I used to live right down near where they forced you off 1, if I remember the area correctly... the NJ crew of dubbers usually do a good job of effing up waterfest too....

They're always over by the Barnes and Noble around there. Funny thing is, I attended a couple meets since my buddy used to own a Jetta. I didn't recognize the guys screwing around on Sunday though. Some of the guys were actually pretty cool, and, like I said, I really like VWs (except WWD). I'd hope that the two Mk IV's that were jerkin off aren't representative of the rest of the atendees at their meets.

Archived