LegacyGT.com

06 Infiniti G35x

My wife has one as a loaner for a few days.

Nice car but floaty feeling. Decent power but much slower than my Spec.B. The G has a persistent minor rattle and more little noises than the Spec. but not that annoying center stack buzz (though that seems to go away once my car is thoroughly warmed up). You have to turn off the vehicle dynamics system if you want to have any fun at all but once you have the vehicle gets around pretty nicely. The interior is nice but feels more cramped. The seats are comfy but too squishy for my tastes and the seat control button placement on the seat edge by your right thigh is just plain silly. The Spec.B suspension is as smooth as the G but much more sporty. I have a favourite curve that I use to get a feel for grip that I can easily take at 60mph in the Spec.B but at 50 the G was getting very squirrelly. However, I don't know the what the tire pressures were on the G though the tires are in pretty good shape (17k miles on it).

Overall, the Spec.B feels like a much more capable car than the G35x.

Guest Gitster
I bet the coupe handles MUCH better, and its a 6speed, and its quicker. Id probably own one if not for the winters and RWD. Is the G35X a 5 speed Auto??

I bet the coupe handles MUCH better, and its a 6speed, and its quicker. Id probably own one if not for the winters and RWD. Is the G35X a 5 speed Auto??

I would imagine that the coupe is a horse of a different colour: tighter suspension and a more highly tuned engine. Yes, 5AT with "tiptronic" that works pretty well. 2800 rpm @ 70mph which is almost exactly the same as the 06 Spec.B. The engine note form the VQ is very nice.

One thing I forgot to mention was braking on the G35x. The brakes stopped the car quite well, but and this is a big but, they are extremely touchy on intial application. It felt like they were always damp and "grabby". With an ABS system this shouldn't be too much of a problem but if you are in snowy/slippery conditions the ABS would always be functioning because that initial grab is very pronounced. Rather annoying in stop and go traffic, IMHO.

No Nissan makes it. Subaru uses it.

I was under the impression that Nissan outsources their transmissions. That could have changed in the last couple of years. Jatco comes to mind. I could google it but it's almost bed time.

Guest Gitster
No Nissan makes it. Subaru uses it.

Interesting, theres probably a stamp on the tranny somewhere. Im not about to crawl under and check, but I have a 5MT anywho. Same manufacturer for the 5MT ????

Archived