LegacyGT.com

JDM double DIN....

RS22b

OK im sure that this has been covered but who has done it ? Is it possible ? What do you need to do ?

japanparts sells this: http://japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=3590

Im pretty sure that it is only the plastics and not the climate control included, but i could be totally wrong.

I know that i could just buy a 07 radio and be done with it, but to tell you the truth the stock radios that they sell here in the US are really garbage as far as the processor dishing out sound to the speakers. It just isnt clean enough for me.

So i wanna put a Premier head unit in the car with the stock climate controls that come with the car.

anyone ?

_billy

PS: japanparts part# is 107-209-006

there is nothing that will work thus far....climate controls are built into the radio, thus no separating them

This has been attempted and its far too complicated. Certain people are working on a solution but the details and progress are unknown

[EDIT:] apparently it was successfully done...check post #4 below. This is news to me

cool thanks for the info.

The ppl that are working on it, do you know if they got down to trying to seperate the radio and the CC?

I think once you pull the case apart you can probably seperate the two. i really need to sit down and look this over myself before i order that part# from them. Obvoiusly that is the easy part.

Although if that piece that i can buy from them does come with climate control then its just a matter of pinning out the connectors.

thanks for the heads up on that stuff.

I was goin to do that with my XT but ended up getting a Spec B.

Im really looking to put in a single DIN head unit and a pocket - which is still pretty much a DD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
thanks for the heads up on that stuff.

I was goin to do that with my XT but ended up getting a Spec B.

Im really looking to put in a single DIN head unit and a pocket - which is still pretty much a DD.

This is kind of my plan for when i get mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived