LegacyGT.com

Tired..spent all day installing coilovers..and more..

B4_Maniac

[quote name='Xenonk']do you have the link for that autox? I would love to come down to Richmond to see your set up and see what times you run, and I would like to run as well to see how well I can do in the colder weather.. I did nothing but instructing this past weekend, so I didnt get any seat time.. Keefe[/QUOTE] [font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][url="javascript:OpenWin('http://64.4.48.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=c04d141c93e3f2e1997400957fe16d6f&lat=1099335317&hm___action=http%253a%252f%252fwww%252evmsc%252eorg');"][u][font=Arial][size=2][color=#606420]www.vmsc.org[/color][/size][/font][/u][/url][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font] Keefe..here is a link to the Auto X..it's all filled up now. This will be my first Auto X..so I am not expecting much. But please come down. Need more Leggys there. Just going have a good time with the peops. All the people with those cars in the above pics will be there too. I have to run and pick up my car from the shop now..the alignment is done.. I think they said something about 0 toe in the rear and maximum negetive camber up front...:D .. I will scan and post the print out tonite of my alignement specs. B4

doh! I was hoping that it wouldnt be all filled up.. I'll try to make it down there... it's a 3 hour drive for me to just "watch". I would like to run.. I've participated in a few VMSC events.. good crowd and fast format. Keefe
Keefe

doh! I was hoping that it wouldnt be all filled up.. I'll try to make it down there... it's a 3 hour drive for me to just "watch". I would like to run.. I've participated in a few VMSC events.. good crowd and fast format.

Keefe

From what I hear..people drop out all the time. So you can mabey get a space. Plus, there are usualy "Fun Runs" at the end. You should come and show off your Legacy.

Check this out... How about my dealer "WARRENTIED" my alighnment! Even with the negetive camber requests they were cool enough to do it for free. Much props to my dealer.

The guys in the shop realy liked to coilovers. First modifed Leggy they have seen.

Here are my alignement settings...

1939826271_Alighnment(Medium).JPG.f63a0c4701673a5da6f6f79988c54ee8.JPG

86527288_hehehe(Medium).jpg.5aa1e01f3badc9b69edeb7aeae0e1f35.jpg

Ok, I'll come down.. which class will you be competing in? That way, I can come down and compete in the same class as you are in. I'll try to email VMSC to see if they can put me down on the waitlist as of now.. it's too bad that I missed the pre-reg. Do you know where the event is being held? It's unfortunate to hear that Cloverleaf Mall is not available anymore for motorsports events. Keefe
Keefe

Sorry..been swamped at work. To tell you the truth..I am on wait list.. :(..but I hopefully I will get to run. I will be there anyway and you should too!

I have been beating the daylights of my car the past two days. I am in love with this set up. But, I have the suspension set to "Michale Shumacher" mode..I need to soften it up or I am going to eat the hell out of my tires.

Yeah, it's a shame that Cloverleafe is gone. I was there at the last Auto X with my RX8..but it was too new to run. So it just sat around looking pretty.. That's about all they are good for anyway...

B4

2143463457_DSC01063(Medium).JPG.e894e8fb129578484893f099fad0496a.JPG

956938273_DSC01036(Medium)(Medium).JPG.a9c609107d40189b89c9fdce48008383.JPG

1651677584_DSC01043(Medium).JPG.b71654ff416bb9119be86f9a8234f9a3.JPG

I would suggest you to not ride it that rough on the streets, the bumps will just cause the valves to break pre-maturely. Just adjust them at the autox.. will you be running in STU or ESP or SM if you were to run? Should I just get my name on the wait list then? I havent found an email or contact person to put my name on the list yet. Keefe
Keefe

Yeah, I realized that today. I have to un-tighten the front. I have the tool in my trunk, I might sneek out at lunch and do it then. I will see what I can do about getting you a contact email. I have one, I will may have to PM it to you tonite. I also noticed some rubbing from the top of the strut tower on the hood..so, I need to do something about that. B4

Jeeze.. I think I have to redo my rear coilovers. I noticed a weird noise from the rear a couple of days ago..I thought it was all the crap that I had in the trunk. But, last night I removed all most of my tools.. Got in it this morning..and the creeking bouncing sounds was back.. So once again, I blamed it on some loose tools. Got to work and looked at the rear.. I saw that the boot from the rear coilz were being squished in-between the springs. Wich shouldn't cause the noise. and we secured them with the twisties from HKS on install. So, I need to yank them and put the boots on. When I do I will check my install, and make sure things are tourqued corrctly also. But, since I am doing this, I will raise the ride hight abit too. B4

It shouldnt be sqeaking at all.. unless the adjustment collars are loose. The boot shouldnt even be sandwiched in between the coils. It also be that it's cold and the urethane bushings are getting a little bit louder (mine happens to sqeak now and then from the front which is normal for urethane/upper ballpillow mounts). Keefe
Keefe

I am trying to figure out if I do have urethane mounts. I think they are just rubber. But, then again it could be the cold. Because it just started to get cold this week. But, the boots are being squished. Like a bone head.. (early morning stupidity) I stuck my hand through the rim to see if I could yank the boot straight..but I burned my wrist on the rotor..and I yanked my hand out throught the rim scrapeing all the skin off. I had to raid the first aid kit here at work and I have a bandage on my writs now so I don't bleed all over my keyboard...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='hal9e3']Where did you get them?[/QUOTE] [url="http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_66&products_id=179"]http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_66&products_id=179[/url]

Archived