LegacyGT.com

rubbing noise from brakes

rvlmtfnk

when i coast along slowly, i can hear a repetitious and slight scraping noise from my brakes. could be that the rotors are warped, but i just had my brakes remachined and brake pads installed less than 1000 miles ago at the subaru dealer. is this a normal occurrence or should i bring it back.

when i coast along slowly, i can hear a repetitious and slight scraping noise from my brakes. could be that the rotors are warped, but i just had my brakes remachined and brake pads installed less than 1000 miles ago at the subaru dealer. is this a normal occurrence or should i bring it back.

+1 I had mine machined and resurfaced like 5k ago...but I think the snow storm plus salt and puddles have given me the same problem

i see that you are from new york so i assume it happened this past storm lasst friday. I have an appointment and loaner set up for monday the 26th of this month. if they fix it ill tell you though. For me at a stop its no sound as you accelerate its a whining and then as you approach 20 mph its barely audible over my exhaust but its like a whine/whistling sound. Ive checked to see if its the plastic inside the wheel well but its not.

i'm actually in pittsburgh right now, and i'm not sure when it came up but i just noticed it yesterday while coasting along in the parking garage at school. it definitely does not sound as severe as yours.. if you mountain bike and have disc brakes, it's that sound when your rotors are warped and barely brushing against the pads at certain points. barely noticeable, but there. i just don't want to wear my brake pads unnecessarily.

Archived