LegacyGT.com

License Plate front Mounting

sde

I took off my front plate today after bringing home the car tomorrow. Looks like there are 4 screw holes in my bumper. Of course you can't see it when the plate is on. It just seems like someone put it on in the wrong place at first. They should really have a more elegant way of mounting the front plate.

[quote name='sde']I took off my front plate today after bringing home the car tomorrow. Looks like there are 4 screw holes in my bumper. Of course you can't see it when the plate is on. It just seems like someone put it on in the wrong place at first. They should really have a more elegant way of mounting the front plate.[/QUOTE] There is no mounting on the car from the factory fro states that dont require a front plate the dealer drils the holes and mounts the plate. You should get the plugs for the 2 extra holes. also you can go to any autozone or pep boys and get a universal bracket to halp keep your paint from getting scratched.

I haven't installed them yet, but I bought some small (1/8" or 3/16") furniture plugs from The hardware store. They are black plastic. I'm planning on drilling the holes slightly larger to smooth them out and gluing those in and applying touch-up paint to finish it off. Maybe it would be just as good to use some plastic filler though.

there were some discussions on this before (i think some people got them from honda), do a search. [quote name='Kaptan']Anyone know where to get plugs for the front plate holes?? Preferably ones that are color-matched.[/QUOTE]

This Space For Rent

Archived