LegacyGT.com

Navi for a '05 2.5i

elle

I'm looking to purchase a Navi for my 2.5i Limited. I can't seem to find any links to the installs people have done in their cars although I've seen them on the forums...

What do you suggest that I get? I'm looking for something that isn't too obvious (sitting on the dash or something) because i plan on moving to a neighborhood that is a bit sketchier... Would my only choice be an in-dash option? I'm too lazy to move the unit every time i go in/out of the car.

I'm not sure exactly where to start ...Any help would be great.

I know that everyone is saying the nuvi. why is this better? I'm looking at this one (a cheaper Nuvi - maps are the same and it has bluetooth...): http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11195997&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&N=4001195&Mo=37&pos=3&No=3&ViewAll=38&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=21268&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=

Can i install one of these in the cubby hole? or will it overheat?

How custom are you willing to go? You could always integrate a touchscreen into the cubby area and run the controlling hardware out of the glovebox. That DIN sized box in the glove box is perfect.:) This might be the "nicest" solution, but you could always run the nuvi on the dash/windshield and then just stick in your glovebox upon exiting the car.

I would like something that isn't too custom (because i've never touched the inside of a car). Ideally, I'd love to have something that looks integrated into the car. No windshield mount.

Most ideally, i wish there was something that was the size of the cubby hole and I could remove the door and stick it in.. but that's wishful thinking... =)

The installs that i read on this site included a lot of custom fabrication of parts to hold in the navi system in the cubby hole (a year ago). is there an easier way?

Archived