LegacyGT.com

Good place to get tint in Orange County

sde

Has anyone done their homework or had a good experience with a place that does tint in orange county? It's probably not that big of deal if I go to a place with a warranty, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any comments before I do.

SDE, like you, I have not found a quality place for getting my Leg GT wagon windows tinted. I live in Pasadena area. I may wait and see how good the stock tint is, but I do like the look of tinted windows. It must be top quality materials and installation. If I find a place, I will post, but my usual contacts are telling me all the window tint places are sketchy.

MtnSub: there is a place in Rosemead called California Tint, they gave a quote for my wagon with all windows to be tinted for $135 and that is using a titanium tint and $175 for Quntum HP. I have used them before and they are pretty good and always busy.

i called a friend who has had windows tinted on the last 3 cars he had. 2 of them were done at sunny hills car wash in fullerton (really nice car wash), and the other was some other company. he said his first 2 cars were perfect and it lasted as long as he owned the car. full warranty too. he didn't like the second place because of discoloration. he said if he has to get his current car re-done, he'd go back to sunny hills. i'll probably go with them since they are not too far from me. thanks for the responses.

WRX-LGT, thanks for the lead in Rosemead. That is very close and I will check them out. When you said all your windows, does that mean the back "5" or did you have the fronts done? Also, is Quantum HP a 3M product. I am not that familiar with the tint materials. Some on this site suggest ceramic based film for better radio reception. Thanks again for the lead.

i've seen places that offer tinting for $165, .. but this one i'm looking at is charging $450 for the high grade stuff (i'll have to get the specs later), lifetime warranty, if you scratch it by accident or whatever, they will replace it, also, if you get ticketed, they will remove and re-apply it for free. is that worth it?

MtnSub- the price that was given to me includes the front driver and passenger windows too. The Quantum HP has more metallic particles than the titanium tints, they will let you know which tint you can use and they also have a lifetime warranty as you own your car.

• 3 months later...

Archived