LegacyGT.com

Radio Swapping... Help!

Mortal2None

Hi Everyone.

Can you swap the 06 VDC radio (MP3 capability) [GOOD] or the 07 LGT L radio (MP3 and bonus AUX input) [bETTER] into an 06 LGT-L Wagon? I saw some posts where some people were doing it on the 05's but can the same be said for the 06's? I'm about to buy an 06 and I want to make sure this can be done before I buy. Thanks everyone!

Has anyone tried the 07 to 06 swap? Or would I be the first here to attempt this? (I hope not) Jamie (Subbygal) has the 07 part but she couldn't confirm if it would work. I was looking around for 4 hours or so and couldn't find anyone who tried it here or on NASIOC for a 06 LGT Wagon. Thanks for the quick reply Jigelow.

Has anyone tried the 07 to 06 swap? Or would I be the first here to attempt this? (I hope not) Jamie (Subbygal) has the 07 part but she couldn't confirm if it would work. I was looking around for 4 hours or so and couldn't find anyone who tried it here or on NASIOC for a 06 LGT Wagon. Thanks for the quick reply Jigelow.

Pretty sure one or two people did it. It was just like one or two wire difference with the wireharness, IIRC.

The main power/speaker connection is still the standard 14-pin type that Subaru has been using since 1993. That will be plug-n-play.

Does the 06 wagon have the factory powered under-seat subwoofer? If so, there's a possibility that you'll need to make a small (easy) mod to continue using the sub.

If the wagon has a subwoofer that is just a plain speaker in the rear (does not have the integrated amp), then you would need to add an amp to keep it working.

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the final verdict? Can someone install the unit from 07 and get not only the MP3 capability of VDC, but the input jack for external player as well?

Part number? Is this it: 86201AG66A??

subarugenuineparts.com lists it as:

Instrument panel - Sound system - Radio - W/legacy and outback

W/gt spec b out vdc 2006

It's the same price as the VDC (part #86201AG63A) $674.14

Will it plug right in or need some modification, and if so what needs to be done?

I'd be installing in an 05 LGT limited (dual zone CC)

Archived